Chipping Isuzu's

Witchdoctor Oz

Adventurer
Just spoke to an owner of a 300 nps crew cab with a little work done on it, but the best add was a Steinbauer chip.
The chip install has made the truck far more drivable in all conditions. With an increase from 153 to around 210hp
The truck is used through the week as a work vehicle moving earth drilling equipment around a large sand areas, during fun times it tows a large caravan with ease.
The install of the chip has allowed the truck to cruise in top gear, compared to constant up down changing from 5th to 4th to maintain a constant speed when towing the van even on flat country.
The other addition was single wheel conversion, this reduced the RPM's at 100K's/hour considerably.
He is now looking to replace sections of the exhaust to remove all the restriction before the DPD, hoping this will help the HP.

The only problem he has experienced is water entering the passengers top door seal, due to the weight of the mirror pulling the top of the door frame out allowing water in, he has a fix. Has anyone else had this problem?:(

His is now working on a slide on camper for his truck.

I'm hopping he will join the Expo fold, he was very keen.

Cheers
David

z_halen

Great thread, it's answered some of my questions about what to do.

I'm just in the process of getting a crew cab, and have just put a deposit on a slide on camper from Trailblazer Rv's in Melbourne. I went down and met phil and drew up a layout then and there with him, he told me what would and wouldn't work, but still gave me the option to decide what i wanted regardless. Really easy to work with.

Hopefully i'll have some photo's in 4 months time as that's how long it's going to take to get it.

Stay tuned.

z_halen

Yeah John, i guess i wasn't mucking around...

Thanks again for all of your help.. I'm getting your stuff through Doug on the Goldy as recommended by you.. And obviously you're the one who put me onto Phil at Trailblazer Rv also.. Can't tell ya how much i appreciate it. It makes a huge difference to talk with the right people from the beginning...

I'm just glad i didn't go the blue dog camper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles