Chinook'd

saw2ooth

some frame supports at each corner.these will connect to the frame below...new old motor/tran/TC with 70k to replace the original 3.4 at 300k spun a bearing:)
everything 022.jpg
everything 023.jpg

saw2ooth

Thanks. I have been slowed by a few hiccups with the motor swap. I found the T100 drivetrain is quite different from a Tacoma:)I am just using a rubber gasket in between the truck and camper. I'll need some flex in that spot I believe. :)

saw2ooth

Motor swap complete and running great
everything 034.jpg
Some color on the Chinook
everything 051.jpg
The color is close enough to the truck
Darker gray top and side stripe:)
everything 052.jpg

Waltzing Matilda

Adventurer
Very nice color match... but the suspense is killing us! :coffee:

Very curious to see how you will make mods to fit these pieces together.

Great project!

saw2ooth

I have a few sketches on paper:)...A main frame that sits a little higher to make the cab over work...Reusing the spring mounts,well the perch sides and will move them back approx. 15" to fit the Chinook wheel wells. Extended drive shaft and still thinking about the E brake extension. Then I hope she fits:)

PGGRS

Observer
I've got a fixed hitop chinook on an '85 SR5 straight axle 4x4 longbed, that has been on the backburner for a long time(see my other post for the Quigley ambulance) I'd consider selling if any interest. 153K miles, 5 spd,AC, power steering, normal Toyota tick, but runs great. 1 leaf added in front, 2 in back with added sidekick coils. Camper body set on perimeter tube frame doing away with stock blocks. Gutted, but have all for patterns. ANYONE considering this type of build should see this. I'm into it way more than i'll get out of it.

turbotommy

Observer
let see some pics !!!!
I've got a fixed hitop chinook on an '85 SR5 straight axle 4x4 longbed, that has been on the backburner for a long time(see my other post for the Quigley ambulance) I'd consider selling if any interest. 153K miles, 5 spd,AC, power steering, normal Toyota tick, but runs great. 1 leaf added in front, 2 in back with added sidekick coils. Camper body set on perimeter tube frame doing away with stock blocks. Gutted, but have all for patterns. ANYONE considering this type of build should see this. I'm into it way more than i'll get out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles