Chinese manifolds not much of a bargain at $60

coffeegoat

Adventurer
Even without boost, that's a good deal on headers. I recall the Aussies ran close to 700. Though turbo does sound fun, even a mild boost could help...

Come to think of it, mine only has 110k...

MoabRefugee

Observer
Those stainless headers look the business, are a ripper deal, and they would be amazing on a performance build. That said, I'm thinking OEM's, some serious cleanup of casting lines, interior cleanup, and some sort of ceramic/paint or slurry coating(Jet Hot). Maybe Cerakote with some leftovers from a gunsmithing project? Anyone have feedback on the AUS headers or have you used ceramic rattle cans? I know someone here had installed them on a 3.8, but I haven't seen any follow up on performance or longevity.

Cosmos99

DO IT!
How many miles on the 6G74? I'd boost mine if it were under 120k, after having driven a V8 sedan for most time, these Gen 2.5 rigs need some serious grunt to get it to move up pass 11k ft elevation.

Hey, Cosmo, you wrenching here in Boulder? I brought my 99 2.5 with me from CA, lets hang out!

Let's hang! I am currently off the road for the next few days doing my heater core and cleaning up the rig while waiting for my new AC controller ( might as well replace it while dash is out ) I have been itching to get on the trails in the canyon the last few days.

Swift_45a

Observer
Let's hang! I am currently off the road for the next few days doing my heater core and cleaning up the rig while waiting for my new AC controller ( might as well replace it while dash is out ) I have been itching to get on the trails in the canyon the last few days.

Cool, I just got my wheels and tires I also ordered some maintenance parts of Rock auto so I still need to wrench on her to get her back up and running until then, but I'm cool with hitting the trails afterward.

I'll drop you a PM with my phone number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94