Chile

jpvm

Explorer
Great pictures. My wife and I also love Chile, great scenery, nice people. Is the broken concrete wall on the road along lake General Carrera going to Chile Chico ?

Thanks 4 your words, seems like you are a Chile "conossieur" :Wow1: , that broken avalanche retaining wall is exactly there, close to Chile Chico on the road that boarders the General Carrera Lake , an astonishing road.

rblackwell

Adventurer
We rated that road as one of the top 10 days in what was nearly a 2 year trip

(the road from San Pedro de Atacama to Uyuni Bolvia via Lagunas verde and colorado was probably number 1 or 2)

Rob
www.whiteacorn.com

coax

Adventurer
Here, it the link below , we have uploaded lots of great shots (where a 4x4 can take you) like the ones I posted , from Chile, in our local offroaders bulletin board :

http://www.twistedandes.com/foro/showthread.php?t=76869

Incredible photos! :Wow1: :drool: I just looked through all the pages of the thread. I started saving money a while back in hopes of shipping the landcruiser to northern chile/southern peru and traveling around for 6 months. Those pictures just make me want to go that much more!

This picture is great; with the boat on top of your truck in the middle of the desert. :smiley_drive:

img8114t.jpg

jpvm

Explorer
Great !! Hope you travel plans materialize !

Yes that's a cool sight , I had expectations to paddle the Kajak in those flat high altitude salt lakes (this here is the Salar de Pedernales) at 12,200 ft asl but it was quite windy, low temp (even at high summer) and open water was not to be reached easily ... I remember that day we only saw only one other traveller (a Toyota Tundra with mining contractors)... pretty lonely places I love.

unURBAN

Adventurer
Thought I should post a pic of a nice place we found in Chile to relax for a few days.

6226797328_7d4227f5df_b_d.jpg

But.... hold on a sec... Haven't I seen this before..????? ;-)

E&M

jpvm

Explorer
:sombrero::sombrero: , hey you stayed at the same cottage in Matanzas !! I had this very same shot with my Y61 parked there ahahahaha ... keep us posted of your travels Espen & Malin , and let me tell ya that Malin's picture coverage is pro level !!

Good driving !

coax

Adventurer
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne