Chevy Express Sleep4-Seat4 Adventure Van

southpier

Expedition Leader
and a very real point of decision "... in the best practices of the trade..."

you gonna need backup when that one is pulled out. do your homework before.

Msand

Importer
If you're selling them as a company, you must abide to the DOT regulations on campers/RVs/Trailers, and build it to code, just like a house.. Those who build them as a DIY/hobby, and sell with a AS IS title I believe are in a sense exempt from this (please correct me if I'm wrong)..

I was made aware of this when building my ambo camper, although it was a DIY build I was informed of several regulations and codes that I was breaking, I then changed the design so it was built to code- allowing it to be registered as an RV. Biggest one was propane storage, and stove top distance to overhead objects. The member Patoz is very knowledgeable about this topic, and I'd suggest reaching out to him.

grampswrx

Observer
I would assume you are right Msand. If I homebrew something, there is an understanding that I'm not selling it as built to code. On the other hand, if my company is building out rigs for people, then there would be some liability on my company for not building it to code. Either way, anyone could get sued for any work they performed on the vehicle that they subsequently sold. How far the lawsuit would go, that's anyone's guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles