Chevy Express Sleep4-Seat4 Adventure Van

Just finished up this extended van. Sleeps 2 adults and 2 kids! RWD only but could easily do a locking rear diff if you need the traction.

No mechanical issues, runs like a dream with the 6.0L engine. about 13mpg with the racks and everything. 146K miles. 2006

Brand new (40 miles) on the BFG KO2's
Inverter, Solar, 100AH AGM battery, Dometic Fridge, Full time back-up cam, heated blanket, kids hammock, Zinus 8" mattress, smittybilt awning, bottle opener door pulls (******), drop down stainless steel steps on outside. RAPTOR liner on whole thing, roof cage, LED bar. on and on and on. see photos.

Also check out my website if you want to pick up your own van and have a custom build done!

overlandvanproject.com

Attachments

• DSC_0925.jpg
    DSC_0925.jpg
    897 KB · Views: 1,046
  • DSC_0928.jpg
    DSC_0928.jpg
    916.3 KB · Views: 1,075
  • DSC_0930.jpg
    DSC_0930.jpg
    892.7 KB · Views: 1,211
  • DSC_0913.jpg
    DSC_0913.jpg
    637.5 KB · Views: 1,105
  • DSC_0929.jpg
    DSC_0929.jpg
    933.3 KB · Views: 1,068

rex_1_mn

Observer
Looks like a fairly versatile setup to me. Very usable and not 50k. This gets you going down the road right now and having fun. Good luck with the sale

Nesquik

Observer
you've got a way to go. neither the workmanship nor the design is above the "buddies and a case of beer on a weekend" job.

there's just so much bad in those pictures, I cannot even justify the time to type it out.
You’re a people person, I’d bet.

southpier

Expedition Leader
I just can't see "ooohs" and "aaahs" over something blatantly incorrect.

starting with the first, sink, picture: undermount sinks are not mounted in a cutout so big it fails to overhang the sink so drips go into it, not drool down the 3/8" of silicone caulking goobered around it. lumber core plywood is not an acceptable countertop material where wet is available. I don't care if there is 10 coats of poly-magic-varnish, it's going to ship water, stain, mold, and be garbage in 3 months.

I checked the website, and there are multiple examples of the same type of work. 1"x6" T & G boards are not correctly attached with one fastener in the middle; that allows the wood to curl. of course we assume all sides were sealed prior to installation, but when exposed work is faulty, a shadow is cast upon that which is not readily visible.

if someone is purporting themselves to be a "professional", and I believe the legal definition is one who accepts money for service or product, they should offer a professional (at minimum standards) result. telling them crap is good, in any industry, lowers the bar for everyone and makes it hard for the person who actually spends the time and effort to learn his trade(s) to compete. America has become a nation that accepts garbage as the norm. and while we're here, "supersize it!".

southpier

Expedition Leader
and who among us would want to be following when the too tall roof rack topples under the strain of the ton of tires and gas cans strapped to it?

again from the website, a roof rack built from what appears to be pressure treated wood left over from the back deck project. yes, more than adequate to hold the solar panel in the back corner, but how long before the bros figure out they can see turn #3 from high up, and hand me the yeti, man, it's getting hot up here? hey, babe, don't stand there, that's "pee-corner". whoops; where'd Eliot go? oh, man, his leg didn't bend that way before. we better get down an' take a look.

I want to think there's some backing behind the fold down steps Uncle Tony had left over when he sold the sailboat. if I could just reach the rain gutter and dig my fingernails into that soft putty GM uses, I could hoist myself up and . . .

I believe there is some severe legal liability selling modified vehicles which is probably a point worth bringing to attention.

not really hating people, just obvious disregard.

Last edited:

Choff

Adventurer
WOW , Really, this guy put his hard work into this van.
Why are you a critic of his work and you have no intensions of buying it???

buellconvert

If you don't mind me asking, which shade of Raptor liner did you go with? Is this one of their premixed grays or a shade that you mixed yourself?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
“I believe there is some severe legal liability selling modified vehicles, which is probably a point worth bringing to attention.”

(Especially with so many of the home brews we find on here..)

But, Man, you don’t even want to go there! That’s a topic guaranteed to get folks absolutely raging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles