Chevy chalet rv in Reno

Mattersnots

Adventurer
I stopped to take pictures of this yesterday in Reno. Looked clean on the outside. No it's not mine and now that you've seen the pictures you know as much about it as I do.
f1c24178c82920c653c36fcf8b67f520.jpg
d2e20e0842b1ca889fb0496ecf3710c1.jpg
470867277a39829b08bc11faff43e94a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I stopped to take pictures of this yesterday in Reno. Looked clean on the outside. No it's not mine and now that you've seen the pictures you know as much about it as I do.
f1c24178c82920c653c36fcf8b67f520.jpg
d2e20e0842b1ca889fb0496ecf3710c1.jpg
470867277a39829b08bc11faff43e94a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I think they misplaced the decimal point on the asking price...

kerry

Expedition Leader
If it is the same vehicle, someone did a good job of matching the brown paint on the front clip to the paint further back. The Craigslist version lacks the radio antenna of the other one. Camper bench material is different and the idaho ad claims the driver's seat has an armrest and console which the Reno one doesn't have.

I think they misplaced the decimal point on the asking price...

If you think that this would sell for $1550, you don't know much about the Chalet market.

If this were the right one(smog legal 350 in place of the 400, MS465 4 speed, NP205, everything working and clean inside etc) I'd go visit my sister in Reno.

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
haha. 15.5k. Thats about double what it's worth.

First, I'm waaaay late in surfing back into Expo, but in doing so I landed at this thread in a search for Chalets in general. Yes, indeed, the above Reno Chalet is/was massively overpriced, it was previously and most famously seen as the Chalet #0058 in the 2009 Barrett-Jackson auction where it was sold for $9,350. It later ended up languishing in an Abilene TX classic car dealership for double the price, and from the most recent pics, it deteriorated in condition. Note the buckled hood. In other Reno Craigslist pics, I spotted new mystery bolts sticking out of the side centers of the roof which really have no business being there.

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
That's fun, and I'm always indebted to all the eyes out there who can spot these for me. Pretty much all '76s look alike, Chevys and GMC versions with the same basic color combo, so I'm always looking for small details that differentiate this model year. On this one, it's the two tall black antennas, and I don't see that detail in my mega-spreadsheet list, so I'm guessing it's one I don't know about. Will send an email to the realtor to see if I can get more info. Entertaining amount of other old vehicle stuff scattered around the property.

Silver Springs '76.jpg

Last edited:

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
There was a chalet for ale about two weeks ago on Reno Craig’s. ... It lasted a day
If that was the one in the attached photo below, I was lucky to catch the seller in time to have him tell me it was Chalet #0404 built in 8/76.
theres one on eugene oregon craigslist right now ....
Thanks for that heads-up! That one is Chalet #1203 built in 10/76. It's been bopping around in Craigslist ads in that area in one form or another since 2014. Shined up better now and back on original-style rally wheels, but it's formerly gutted camper interior was an ongoing problem for helping its value, and while it now has basic dinette seats, it'll take quite a bit to make it into a more usable camper.

PortolaChalet pass.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles