Chevy AWD

Choff

Adventurer
So you guys love the noise that others have to hear but not so big on hearing it yourself?
Maybe buy a harley and some earplugs?
Is there any discernible performance gain with these?
Love the noise, loud speakers, drag racing, track racing, and working in construction.
Ears need a break when driving in my van!!!!
Screw the performance

Scottyrocco16vdub

Hi all. I know this is a thread resurrection but I am brand new to this AWD Chevy Express game. I just bought a '13 and would like to lift it a couple of inches. I've read this thread and the others I could find on these trucks but still have some questions.
Someone indicated that the 2013 used a different suspension then the previous models. Is this right? Do the lift components you guys are talking about here work for these '13's too?
If so my plan is to get the torsion keys from Susspention Maxx, Traxda or Boulder Off Road, use the 99-2006 Suburban 2500 rear springs for the rear and get the Skyjacker 7000 shocks as listed here and other places. The thing I haven't figured out yet is the goofy mount issue for the rear shock. I would like to be able to use all the travel of the lifted truck so I'd prefer not to just use shock adapters. What has been the consensus on modifications to make the shock fit with the non standard mount?
Thanks guys,
Again,
-G

Were you able to figure out the correct bushings for the rear shocks?

rpfeifer303

Hey guys, has anyone here installed an after market exhaust system on a Chevy Express 1500 cargo van? I have the 5.3 v8 and am looking to install something with decent sound and noticable power increase/throttle response. Can I just buy a muffler or do I need to change pipe config? I've tried googling. I can't seem to find much info on what I could have installed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.
i am too interested in exhaust options, can you post a video or sound clip for us?

Choff

Adventurer
i am too interested in exhaust options, can you post a video or sound clip for us?
Been their done that, I put a Magna Flow on , It was like driving a beer can, a little to loud interior noise for Vanning.
And no I am not that old that I love loud Pipes. Just not in the Van
Took it off.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I’d look into Walker ‘Quiet Flow’ mufflers. The one I put on my 40 was very quiet and SS to boot.

Can’t say about top end performance (not built for that), but the bottom end is excellent. It was a “New” 350 with 9:1 compression vs 10.25:1 that came out so there were too many changed variables to compare top end. It’s a total sleeper now. At about $60 USD you wouldn’t have much to loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior