Chevy AWD

riNR

Observer
might be a dumb question -- is the AWD on the Chevy Express van supposed to work in reverse also, because for some reason mine is NOT.

Teacher88

Yes 100% supposed to work in reverse. Mechanically caint wrap my head around that one which usually means it's an electrical issue. My first steps would be check fuses and maybe try just unhooking ur battery for a day. These r just guesses and where I would start. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

06xpressAWD

Hey guys, has anyone here installed an after market exhaust system on a Chevy Express 1500 cargo van? I have the 5.3 v8 and am looking to install something with decent sound and noticable power increase/throttle response. Can I just buy a muffler or do I need to change pipe config? I've tried googling. I can't seem to find much info on what I could have installed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Scotty D

might be a dumb question -- is the AWD on the Chevy Express van supposed to work in reverse also, because for some reason mine is NOT.
how is yours failing?
one problem is that our vans have really tall gearing overall and the reverse gear is waaaaaaay to tall.
this makes reverse going uphill or in deep sand near impossible in some cases

Hey guys, has anyone here installed an after market exhaust system on a Chevy Express 1500 cargo van? I have the 5.3 v8 and am looking to install something with decent sound and noticable power increase/throttle response. Can I just buy a muffler or do I need to change pipe config? I've tried googling. I can't seem to find much info on what I could have installed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks.
I just swapped out my muffler with a Spintech.

Which spintech model did you use? Do you like how it sounds? I have a flowmaster on truck and am not that impressed..
It sounds mean as hell. LOL
Super Pro Street 9**1

$85.951 × 9000 Super Pro Street
Inlet Size:3"Inlet Location:CenterOutlet Size:3"Outlet Location:CenterMaterial:16 ga Aluminized Steel

R1ck

how is yours failing?
one problem is that our vans have really tall gearing overall and the reverse gear is waaaaaaay to tall.
this makes reverse going uphill or in deep sand near impossible in some cases
I've had to turn off my traction control in some rough situations to get moving. I think the system is trying to allocate power to all wheels when I need it at the back wheels. What do you think?

Scotty D

I have a 2009 cargo . Its awd and I am pretty sure it has a rear locker but I dont think it has traction control so I dont really know much about it or how to turn it off

06xpressAWD

It sounds mean as hell. LOL
Super Pro Street 9**1

$85.951 × 9000 Super Pro Street
Inlet Size:3"Inlet Location:CenterOutlet Size:3"Outlet Location:CenterMaterial:16 ga Aluminized Steel
Thanks for the reply. So I ended up installing a flowmaster orginal 40. The sound is great but the interior drone is really bad. Does yours have alot of drone as well? I do 5hr drives on weekends with wife and dog and not sure they're gonna be able to handle the sound. Ughh, always something,lol. Gonna look into sound deadner for slider and rear doors, maybe that will help

Attachments

• 20200302_100052.jpg
    20200302_100052.jpg
    946.6 KB · Views: 28

Choff

Adventurer
I had a Flow Master put on also, 05 AWD Savanna , took off after a week of driving, way to noisy inside, way to much drone noise also!!
Love the exterior noise, sounded great , but not in the van.

Scotty D

So you guys love the noise that others have to hear but not so big on hearing it yourself?
Maybe buy a harley and some earplugs?
Is there any discernible performance gain with these?

Thanks for the reply. So I ended up installing a flowmaster orginal 40. The sound is great but the interior drone is really bad. Does yours have alot of drone as well? I do 5hr drives on weekends with wife and dog and not sure they're gonna be able to handle the sound. Ughh, always something,lol. Gonna look into sound deadner for slider and rear doors, maybe that will help
No drone. I bailed on flowmaster years ago because of drone. I put Spintech on all my vehicles.

06xpressAWD

So you guys love the noise that others have to hear but not so big on hearing it yourself?
Maybe buy a harley and some earplugs?
Is there any discernible performance gain with these?
Wrong, what others hear and what one hears on the inside are two different things. One is sound and the other is vibrating molecules that resonate throughout the vehicle. There are some gains due to easier exhaust flow but thus far I'm focusing on the vibrations and sound. I just got it installed 2 days ago and have driven less than 1hr, so maybe I'll get accustomed. If not it'll be a costly learning experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94