Chevrolet van 4x4 & trailer.

Edward Terry

IMG_20190811_094436_279.jpg

I am selling my motorhome and then I will be in the market for a van and trailer to convert. I would like to convert a small cargo trailer to tow. I am thinking about using the trailer to make the couple (van& trailer) more off-grid capable, with more water extra solar systems etc... I also really like the older Chevy vans like the g10s and g20s. I will want a 4x4. Thoughts/ advice?

DzlToy

Explorer
Try to find something already converted. White Feather Customs, Quigley and a few others such as Advanced 4x4, Boulder vans and Tulsa Truck all do conversions.

You are going to be looking at something in the 15k - 30k range depending on the builder and what all is included. Depending on what you mean by, "older" you may have a hard time finding someone to do this conversion.

I have seen $13,000 conversions and I have seen $40,000 conversions, so do your homework and get out your check book if you are serious. Buying something that someone else has taken the hit on, will likely be a much better deal in the near and long term.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Remember that G10 and G20 Chevrolet Vans are Unibody construction vans meaning no separate frame and are notorious for rust as you conduct your search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles