Ironcloud Metalworks Express/Savana + Astro/Safari Swivel Seat Bases for Sale

WinnieVan

And we're off.... you're looking at the very first Ironcloud Metalworks seat swivel ever produced.

V2 design works perfectly. Very happy with the lock and the addition of the threaded "auxiliary" lock gives you a zero slop configuration in the forward position!

For the first batch of 10 -- I'm going to price at $349 + shipping or local pickup in Salem, OR. The final units will be powder coated in black semi-gloss for a super clean and professional finish.

I'm going to start a new thread in classifieds with details, pricing, etc. to keep things a bit more streamlined since this thread has a more of a "build" thread feel to it!! I need to get some pictures/videos of it in the van -- so expect more information on Wednesday when I get my van back in my possession!

If you want to get your hat in the ring sooner -- send me a PM! A few are already claimed so let me know so I can add you to the list.

Thanks everyone for the interest -- I've enjoyed this build a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing these in YOUR AstroSafari van!!

Last edited:

WinnieVan

Well -- the first batch went off without a hitch -- here's a video review from one of my customers -- tickle me pink!

Given the success and subsequent interest of the first round of these -- I'm opening up refundable deposits for the second round via the form below:
https://form.jotform.com/211837195397164

The price for this round is $369 + shipping to account for some increases in material costs and design changes. Planning for mid-September ship date.

Shipping is roughly $30 on the West Coast and about $55 to the East Coast -- more to Canada and Europe -- but I will work with you within reason to ship as necessary! Local pickup is always available at Ironcloud Metalworks HQ in Salem OR.

Thank you again for your interest -- and please email me if you have any questions -- IroncloudMetalworks@gmail.com

file.php

Scotty D

Really great looking bit of kit
If these had been around when I did my build I would have done a different design in my AWD express.
In fact this is so inspiring I might redesign a few things and see if I can make a hybrid layout work

Really nice work, thanks for supporting the community like this

WinnieVan

Hi All -- I'm moving sales and information for these products to my website:

www.IroncloudMetalworks.com

Join the mailing list there for information regarding current product availability.

Email me at Info@IroncloudMetalworks.com if you have other questions -- PMs might work -- but I do not monitor them often -- so I'd email instead.

I am working on designs for the E-Series, Savana/Express and the Ram Promaster. I am hoping they will be available in 2022 -- but R&D is slow with a full-time day job!!

WinnieVan

Hey all -- just launched a new website and there are AstroSafari swivels available for Jan-2022 shipping... as well as some other goodies I've designed and manufactured.

www.ironcloudmetalworks.com

or direct link to the store:
www.ironcloudmetalworks.com/store
Capture.JPG

The Savana/Express unit is in prototype stage -- and I expect to release by Mar-2022...

RamPromaster is after that -- and then probably E-Series.

Last edited:

WinnieVan

Shameless bump on this to say --
  1. the Express/Savana passenger unit is in advanced R&D stages and is almost ready for prime time -- so is the AstroSafari driver swivel.
  2. I just released a pre-order for the next round of AstroSafari swivels.

www.ironcloudmetalworks.com for more info.

whith

I'd be interested in an Express version. Looks like I'm just down the road from you too so local pick up would be great.

40sqft

Shameless bump on this to say --
  1. the Express/Savana passenger unit is in advanced R&D stages and is almost ready for prime time -- so is the AstroSafari driver swivel.
  2. I just released a pre-order for the next round of AstroSafari swivels.

www.ironcloudmetalworks.com for more info.

My wife was just taking me to figure out a swivel for our Express Van seat on our last camp trip. Count me in for local pickup.

WinnieVan

I'd be interested in an Express version. Looks like I'm just down the road from you too so local pick up would be great.

My wife was just taking me to figure out a swivel for our Express Van seat on our last camp trip. Count me in for local pickup.

Good on both counts!!

Be sure to join the mailing list at the website -- as that's my main method of communication for these swivels.

www.ironcloudmetalworks.com

They are getting closer -- the first round of R&D went very well -- I have to make some tweaks and do one more prototype -- then we're off to production.

Here's a sneak peak at the latest model...

1645534096576.jpeg

I'm adding some bells and whistles -- like the slotted holes on the side for mounting accessories, etc.

Very excited about this model -- and can't wait to get it to market.

WinnieVan

The Ironcloud Metalworks Passenger Side Savana/Express Swivel is READY!

Pre-Order Now at: https://ironcloudmetalworks.com/Store_ExpressSavana
First 20X customers get $15 off their order -- be sure to select "Early Bird Pre-sale"

2 Redesigns, 3 Prototypes, countless test fits -- and we finally made it "Mo' Better".

Questions? Let me know in comments below!

Thank you for your support -- without you -- Ironcloud Metalworks would just be an idea.

Derek
-Owner, Ironcloud Metalworks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles