Check your medical insurance policy for unclaimed benifits. *First Aid Kit*

Palehorse1

Observer
I post this sitting here waiting on a friend that is running late so as soon as they arrive we are off for the week but I figured I'd share this now while I have the chance in the hopes that others may be able to do the same and utilize a benifit that they are already paying for. My darling bride is a detail nut, and recently this habit of hers has paid us off quite well. Out medical insurance provider has a line in the policy that states that they will reimburse us the cost of a first aid kit. Now this of course drew raised eyebrows from us as we figured they had in mind some sort of pocket sized thing found on the impulse rack at your local pharmacist so we called to inquire. Our providers agent informed us that if it was in fact a first aid kit and was invoiced as a first aid kit then it qualified. Using that information I found a first aid kit assembled into a Pelican 1550 EMS case, forwarded the link to our agents email address to which she again answered that since the item in question is sold as a first aid kit, they would happily reimburse us.

The link to the first aid kit we found.

IMG_7724.JPG

IMG_7725.JPG

IMG_7726.JPG

IMG_7727.JPG

Eleven business days after receiving our first aid kit we received our reimbursement from our insurance provider to cover the purchase price of the kit itself. Luckily for us we had spoken to the business owner and she offered us free shipping as a form of a military discount so all in all our first aid kit cost us nothing out of pocket. Our medical insurance provider is United Health Care via the federal employees program. Now sorting through the included inventory on the sellers website list an impressive array of supplies that while not what most would consider to be a complete first aid kit it certainly is an excellent start and all neatly packed into an excellent storage case. Being laymen as it were we would of course welcome suggestions on what to add to the kit to round it out a bit so fire away with any suggestions that you may have.

Finlay

Triarius
. Being laymen as it were we would of course welcome suggestions on what to add to the kit to round it out a bit so fire away with any suggestions that you may have.

Latex gloves. And maybe some safety glasses and facemasks - but definitely gloves.

If you're working on yourself, it isn't such a big deal - but if you're tending to someone else, you'll absolutely want the protection.

Honu

lost on the mainland
might have to check with ours insurance that would be cool

I know one thing I love is tincture of benzoin !!
http://www.firstaidsuppliesplus.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=HH-2918
from the same company so you know what I mean
I just use qtips to apply the stuff

from working a ton on boats where peoples skin is damp and or going to be wet the stuff is amazing ! you can put on basic bandages and they wont come off ! its great for around the house for the same reason !!! I love that stuff and the one thing I took away from my working on boats was this stuff is a must have item !
also in camp its handy so your band aids stay on !

not sure if it had steri strips or some kind of closure ? can be nice but one can temp use tape also in a pinch ? so not a big deal
irrigation syringe can be handy to rinse out wounds more comfy than scrubbing it out with a tooth brush :) hahahaha

remember things for the GI stuff so imodium and softner of choice and something like tumms rolaids etc.. those are kinda comfort things :) but nice to have when needed and seem to be the more common thing needed

one thing on the quick clot read up on it a bit :) its a love hate or at least used to be with ER docs !

the other fav thing are quality tweazers ! checkout tweazerman ? not sure on spelling ? not cheap but they really really work

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz