Check out what we got at work this week

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
This week at work we just got these new "Ambulances" to use when we're doing desert warfare training.

They are BRAND NEW 2010 Chevrolet Reg Cabs, diesel, 4WD, 4" suspension lift, 32" A/T tires, FULL skid plates, brush guards... But the really cool thing is the really nice Air Conditioned Ambu shells. Our vehicle guys are not done tricking them out. I think winches are coming soon. They also have these cool double-rifle / axe / shovel racks in the cabs between the seats.

These suckers would make a GREAT Overland Platform / camper conversion! Czech 'em out!

Although they're not Toyotas, I thought they were still pretty cool!​

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
that is very cool....
any ideas on who makes the shell?
would be interesting to know if the AC only works when the engine is running or if they added dual batteries for the AC

thanks for the pics!

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
that is very cool....
any ideas on who makes the shell?
would be interesting to know if the AC only works when the engine is running or if they added dual batteries for the AC

thanks for the pics!

I have no idea who made the shell. I'll go take a look at them again. That's also a good point about powering the A/C. All of our utility trucks have dual batteries, though.

Abel Villesca

Explorer
Nice! Much nicer than our Army HMMWV Field Line Ambulances. Do they serve the same role are are they for use other than close to the battlefield?

1speed

Explorer
Fleet West

DCP_0192.jpg

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Great work Jim finding the civi version of the shell...the barn doors would be a nice way to get into/out of the rig and access everything.

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
Nice! Much nicer than our Army HMMWV Field Line Ambulances. Do they serve the same role are are they for use other than close to the battlefield?

These are only for training use within the US. These will never be anywhere close to the battlefield. We only had 1 pretty old HMMWV Ambulance, but we never use it. Our other primary medical vehicles were mid-90's Suburbans that were modified to carry a stretcher.

rynosurf

Adventurer
I saw one of those Navy trucks on the 5 last week. My wife was wondering why I was driving so slow... I was trying to get a better look!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior