Check out saweet Cruiser Camper 4 sale!

highlux

Observer
Get ready to pick your jaws up off the floor...especially after seeing the asking price!

cruisercamper1.jpg

cruisercamper2.jpg

What a cool cruiser...for those interested in the specs, check out http://www.outbackimports.ca/sale.html and click on "1992 HDJ81 VX LandCruiser"

Brian894x4

Explorer
That's a lot of money, but look at the miles. Basically it appears someone is getting a very highly customized (which probably cost an incredible amount of money) vehicle from, I assume Japan, with very few miles (55,000 miles). It almost looks like it wasn't used much.

I don't really like the high camper set up, but it's a nice looking rig. They sure seem to like crome over there for some reason.

Last edited:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

$39,400.....................!!!!

Do you have Any Idea...........How far I could travel in a $3,000 Toyota ......Plus ...........ALL that Extra Cash I Saved!

Very easy to post.............But not very easy to cough up that much dough!

Nice rig though.

I won't be spending that much..........anytime soon!

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Have you checked out the interior pix?

It looks like it has seating for 7, with very limited 'camper' functionality.

Strange.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
$39k isn't that much at all. Pretty reasonable if you ask me. Considering a stock HDJ81 goes for $22k and up here in the states... i can see them getting what they're asking. Not to mention that is like the only 80/81 series camper ive ever seen. Pretty cool.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
it's very tempting indeed.

However, i would make sure to test drive it (if possible) before buying it.
Not sure if the engine has enough power and the how the FJ handles with such a high structure in the back...

:)

We bought our rig from Outback, they are top notch in service, and they are very selective with what trucks they import. I have seen other rigs that they have brought over (including mine) and they are always in *mint* shape!

When we got our first pictures of our truck, it was in the same parking lot (Japan or Vancouver, i dunno). Anyways, our truck looked pretty dull and worn. Once they were done with the service and detail, it was spotless and looked brand new. This thing looks like ours did after detailing, i wonder how it will look after they are done with it!

Now, if it were me buying this rig (which ran through my head when i saw it, but must resist), i'd put the OME heavy suspension on it (although it looks like its already rather high.). As far as handling, well can't be any worse than a pickup with a camper on the back...

...i think we'll stick with the RTT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles