Cheapest off-road trailer for RTT?

jaywo

What's the cheapest retail trailer off-road capable that's basically a sealed box with a rack to accommodate a RTT?
Cheapest I found was Four Leaf Clover but people on this forum have been having lots of issues with the owner so looking for an alternative.

broncot

I don't have any experience with them, but I'm buying a no weld kit for my homemade 4x6 trailer from Compact Camping Store. They make a fiberglass M416 replica trailer with varying levels of DIY. Even the full kit with frame is less than Four Leaf, you'd need wheels and tires though.

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk

tpmcdon

Four Leaf Clover Fab appears to be out of business. His website has expired and he will not respond to phone calls, texts, or email. Simon built and delivered a trailer for me but was never able to deliver the roof bars after repeated assurances that he shipped them and would provide tracking info (which he never did). Sadly he builds a quality product but his follow-through is lousy.

jmmaxus

Compact Camping Store/Dinoot diy racks on a utility trailer or cargo trailer is going to be your cheapest route.

Smittybilt Scout trailer is probably the cheapest for something a bit more capable and complete. 4wheelparts with coupon takes $800 of brings it to $7300+$400 shipping. Not exactly cheap. All off-road trailers have gone up quite a bit the last few years like 50%.

I saw someone on Ranger trucks forum state they had Alumline build them an all aluminum camping trailer with fully enclosed box and rack for $5000. It has a torsion axle and isn’t as off-road capable as the Smitty, but would be more rust resistant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier