Cheaper 270 Degree Awnings: ARQ4WD & Overland Pros

Yea they do ship to US. They are shipping from Miami. Been in contact with them through instagram. Figuring out if I wanna buy a 6.5 270 from them. Have one year warranty. Their on version 4.5 I think now. They changed out the main beams to tubing and bars. looks sought. They got video of awning in high wind. I'm just wanna know how the newer ones handle rain. Being in the PNW I tend to see a bit more rain at times.

Photobug

Here is their website. They also have some videos. It looks like the arms extend out. So it has a small footprint on your rack then extends out to make a longer arm for better coverage. This would be nice for smaller rigs.

DVC

Yea they do ship to US. They are shipping from Miami. Been in contact with them through instagram. Figuring out if I wanna buy a 6.5 270 from them. Have one year warranty. Their on version 4.5 I think now. They changed out the main beams to tubing and bars. looks sought. They got video of awning in high wind. I'm just wanna know how the newer ones handle rain. Being in the PNW I tend to see a bit more rain at times.
Yup, same info I got from them. They said shipping from Miami is about 5 days.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I am also looking for an awning. It has come time to replace my Shadyboy after the material ripped a bit and the manufacture no longer supports this model 10+ years (good investment) the replacement cost has me looking at something else, after the Overland Journal awning shoot out I’m looking.

I think the 8’ is far too long for my factory racked 02 4Runner with Yakima towers and bars. The 6’ ish compact model might be better.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce988jl

I ordered the 270 degree awning back in May and have yet to receive it. I'll post up pictures and details when it arrives.. if it ever arrives.

JaketheSSnake

I ordered the 270 degree awning back in May and have yet to receive it. I'll post up pictures and details when it arrives.. if it ever arrives.
I'm in the same boat, getting really frustrated. My awning is in Miami being held by a shipping logistics company. Apparently my free shipping is now $140 after 4 months. Pretty ridiculous. Have you talked to Alfredo or anyone? Yours probably came in the same container a week or 2 ago.

Last edited:

They warrantied mine out, but I still had to pay $65 freight..... Should have just thrown it in the trash and saved the money.

JaketheSSnake

Finally got mine yesterday... After the neighbor 2 houses down brought it to me in a rain soaked half missing box. The whole shipping situation and paying the 3rd party company (4 MONTHS AFTER I WAS TOLD SHIPPING WAS FREE) was a nightmare, but everything seems to be OK. There seems to be a fair amount of aluminum shavings in the bag and some of the supports are scratched up, but nothing too awful. I'll know more when I mount it tomorrow, hopefully. I'm waiting on my awning mounts now, kind of spaced that off lol.

Am I supposed to cut holes through the awning bag for the mounts? I suppose just enough to pass the screws through so it doesn't leak?

Finally got mine yesterday... After the neighbor 2 houses down brought it to me in a rain soaked half missing box. The whole shipping situation and paying the 3rd party company (4 MONTHS AFTER I WAS TOLD SHIPPING WAS FREE) was a nightmare, but everything seems to be OK. There seems to be a fair amount of aluminum shavings in the bag and some of the supports are scratched up, but nothing too awful. I'll know more when I mount it tomorrow, hopefully. I'm waiting on my awning mounts now, kind of spaced that off lol.

Am I supposed to cut holes through the awning bag for the mounts? I suppose just enough to pass the screws through so it doesn't leak?

You have to poke holes through the bag. Hopefully your's isn't as big of a POS as mine was.

JaketheSSnake

You have to poke holes through the bag. Hopefully your's isn't as big of a POS as mine was.
Cool, that's what I planned on doing after looking at it. I definitely hope it isn't a pos either lol. They've gone up in price since I bought mine too, so they're going to price themselves out of the market if the quality isn't there.

Cool, that's what I planned on doing after looking at it. I definitely hope it isn't a pos either lol. They've gone up in price since I bought mine too, so they're going to price themselves out of the market if the quality isn't there.

The easiest way is to mark the holes and use s soldering iron to melt through the cover. It also seals the edges of the holes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles