Cheaper 270 Degree Awnings: ARQ4WD & Overland Pros

crx7

So, I just bit the bullet on the ARQ 6.5 foot 270 awning. We'll see what it does in the rain. It was $150 less than the Overland Pros with shipping, which is mainly why I got it. We'll see what happens in the rain. Looking at both the ARQ and Raptor, there is a nice gap on the back end which would drip water down, so no difference there. Looks like you can put tent walls on both the ARQ and Raptor, but setup seems much easier with the ARQ. I've already got the Flippac to setup, so I don't want more poles to stand up and then still have to stake it down.

Looking on facebook there are videos of the ARQ in wind on the beach and one guy who says he's had his for 2 years. We'll see how it goes.

Tkhawk

Adventurer
ARQ just sent me a new 6.5' 270. There are a lot of nice improvements over the last one they sent. The bars that swing up to tension the fabric now have a small buckle to keep them in position, on the last one as the wind would blow the fabric would push up off of the arm and it would swing down leaving the fabric loose when the wind slowed. The new version also includes a built in light which is a nice feature. The arms are a little different and look stronger. The buttons to release the extended sections of the arms are now actual buttons instead of a bent wire sticking out, making it a lot easier on my fingers. We are camping this weekend and rain is in the forecast, so I should be able to answer the rain question next week.

RigidYota

I ordered the ARQ4wd 180 awning a few weeks ago, still waiting on shipping. Excited to get it with all these extra parts they upgraded and added LED lights.

gabrielef

I just picked up the Overland Pros awning (2500) today. I got to watch Nick set it up and it is well thought out and simple. I love the height adjustable poles, a must for making sure the rain doesn’t pool up, or for uneven ground. I also picked up three of the wall panels as a wind breaker/sun shade, and they are super easy to install. I heard of added features coming to the next gen of their awnings; I love that they are continually looking for ways to improve their products.

I’ll report back once I get back from Ouray in a couple weeks. ??

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Well, I didn't get any rain to test the waterproofness with. But I did decide that I need to build a branch deflector infront of the awning. I caught a 2" diameter vine while on some single track and ripped the cover pretty bad. The awning itself is still good, I just need to order a new cover now.

gabrielef

Well, in the end, after 3145 miles round trip to Ouray, CO, I never once deployed the Wraptor 2500 haha. Just didn't need to. I did have a couple build issues that I am having addressed. They are small things: the nuts where the poles pivot during extension were not entirely secure. One nut fell off in my hand. The other item I noticed was that the zipper wasn't even. Great thing is as soon as I mentioned those items, they offered to replace it. I love that they stand behind their product. I may just keep it though, I'll find out tomorrow.

RigidYota

Well, I didn't get any rain to test the waterproofness with. But I did decide that I need to build a branch deflector infront of the awning. I caught a 2" diameter vine while on some single track and ripped the cover pretty bad. The awning itself is still good, I just need to order a new cover now.
Interesting, didn't even think about that. Is yours mounted sticking out a lot?

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Interesting, didn't even think about that. Is yours mounted sticking out a lot?
I wouldn't say it sticks out a lot, but it does stick out. I'll have to measure it when I put it back on. It doesn't stick out past my mirror. My replacement cover should be here soon, when I put it back on, I'm going to figure out a way to mount a guard in front of it. My rack came with some parts from a hilift mount that I think will work nicely.

Attachments

• 20180726_124342.jpg
    20180726_124342.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 165

davec17

Any update on these awnings? Better looking to pull the trigger on one, still undecided. How are they holding up?

jvhooser

I just tried to purchase the ARQ4wd 270 5ft, and their site is having an issue with the PayPal link.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Leibbrand

Adventurer
I just tried to purchase the ARQ4wd 270 5ft, and their site is having an issue with the PayPal link.

same, let me know if you get it sorted. I DM them and sent a message on facebook. No response, not sure how to order one.

jvhooser

I ended up buying another brand of Awning since this company was not responding.

jvhooser

I bought the Rhino Rack Batwing. I obviously cant compare it to the ARQ4wd since the company would not respond, but the Rhino Rack is well made and installed easy.

DVC

Any more updates on the ARQ 270° awning in terms of durability and water resistance? Or company responsiveness?
I've been looking for a 5 ft 270° awning for a while, and this is the only option I've seen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles