Charcoal storage bag

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
Oh nice! Unfortunately I’d like to have it by July 1st so I was wondering if there is anything in the us that is comparable.

jgatliff

That looks great, a little bigger than I was looking for but its out of stock.

llamalander

Try a drybag-- keeps charcoal dry on a river, or nearly anything else--
Waterproof, UV resistant, cleans with a hose, straps to anything.

jgatliff

[mention]llamalander [/mention] I had the same thought last night but didn’t post anything. I don’t recall which size dry bag I have that works the best I think it is a 40L but it perfectly fits the 8.8 pound bag of lump charcoal I have.

jgatliff

Yeah LOL. I thought of the dry bag thing last night also. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it sooner.

GeoRoss

Adventurer
I use an old IKEA blue bag to minimize mess inside the cabin. It does a good enough job and does double duty for collecting firewood. Granted it wouldn't be ideal in an exposed trailer/truck bed.

robert

Expedition Leader
I usually just use a trash bag; thick contractor grade if you have it but not necessary. I've also recycled sand/top soil bags since they're durable. Simple, cheap, dual purpose.

Ragman

We use an old Tidy Cat Litter 12# tub that we repurposed. Won't hold a full bag of charcoal but most times we use the charcoal as a backup to campfire coals anyway or in the small Snow Peak BBQ box or dutch oven so not going through it very fast anyway. If you don't have a cat certainly a 5 gallon bucket with a lid would work-a bit more space taken up but could use that for many other uses as well when not in charcoal duty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles