Changing my truck camper from slide in to flatbed...

bumblebus

Observer
Looking for help... I have a 1986 Six-Pac 100SC that I LOVE. I use it with a 1999 Ford F-350 DRW flatbed that I also love.

I'm looking to add "side boxes" under the camper "wings" to just make this a full time flatbed camper for extra storage and because I use the over dinette bunk for my kid's bed. Can anyone recommend how to do this? There are already two built-in doors under the dinette bench and on the kitchen side so maybe this was a common mod back in the day??

The existing camper frame seems to be 1/2" ply so I was thinking of just using that for the extensions?? How do I make a strong connection to the existing camper frame? Brackets? Epoxy? Should I try to find matching siding/slats (probably hard from the '80s) or just paint it black or what? I'm trying to find examples of this online and failing completely.

Thanks for ANY help.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
You can probably find a rotten 6 pack camper for cheap to salvage matching siding from. You could build your boxes out of plywood, and just screw and glue to the under/side of the camper. The construction part is simple, the making it look good part will take more effort.

Porkchopexpress

I have seen pictures of flat bed set ups where the sides are storage boxes with access doors. I did a google search of “truck camper flatbed storage” and found several pictures. Also this thread might have useful info:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94