Change of plan, gone diesel. Need feedback!

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
I can't give you any feel-good stories about the d-max (I'm a Cummins fan), but remember that the internet doesn't give you a clean cross section of owners. Most of what you read is posted by people who are looking for a solution to a problem they have. You never hear from the people who don't have problems - so it almost always looks worse than it really is.

YMMV, and all that stuff.

:)

You make an excellent point, and you know what? That did make me feel better. :elkgrin: LOL.

bob91yj

Resident **************
I work at a GMC dealership. I've never seen a Dmax that couldn't be driven in due to bad injectors. It may smoke like a freight train, but it will still run.

STANG302

Observer
I think you should be safe on the injectors. I do believe this is a known issue and the injectors should be under waranty. My dad had the same inj. in his 03' and were replaced twice. First set dropped out around 115k, shortly after GM did a recall/on them. Around 150k the set they put in was also under the recall so they were replaced with the latest and greatest. He passed 200k in June and still runs like a top.

If I were you I'd be more worried about the front end and keeping tires on the thing. Front end on my dad's has not made it past 20K miles before wearing out a the front end and as a result chewing the tires to heck.

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
Steering is very tight, but I dont replace I upgrade so it will be on the list at some point. :ylsmoke:

My injector plan is to have them replaced down the road and start saving the 3800 bucks for parts now. Plan for the worst, if they dont go they dont go, I would love to find out if it is on the original set or if they have been replaced...

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
Take the VIN to the dealer and get a print out of all the warranty work done on it.

I did this and they said no work warranty work had been done. That said he told me that the truck had been out of warranty for the last three years so they may have been done jsut not under warranty...

bfdiesel

Explorer
I hope they changed the fuel filter more than once :). I asked the dealer that sold me my Dodge who the last owner was and they hooked me up. May be the county clerk can tell you the registration history.

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
You would have to be crazy to have the dealer replace every filter, they charge around 100 just to swap it out. lol. But yeah, god help me if it is on its second filter.... I will keep the old filter and see how much crap it has in it. Still working on tracking down old owner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior