Chairs for men of substantial dimensions?

Lykos

Super Trucker
I'm 6'2" and 350 lbs. Yes, I'm working on losing weight but it's a slow process.
For those other substantial men on this forum what have you found to be the most comfortable and durable camp chairs?

jameswj4

I know your troubles. I'm 6'5" about 280 and most chairs are rated for 220-250 and are tiny.. for bigger trips or when heading to a camp ground i usually take a big gravity chair.. nice, comfortable and good for naps. but not the best when it comes to saving space. I want to find a smaller folding chair as well.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

nwoods

Expedition Leader
6'-7', 320 lbs. I have a Strongback Elite chair that is decently strong, and folds up well, though I find it a bit uncomfortable under my thighs.

My preferred chair if I have the room in the vehicle is a fold flat camp chair similar to this:
imageService

Mine is from Coleman, the one above is from Costco, there are many variations. The Coleman one I have has less plastic. It has served me well for years.

bdog1

Adventurer
As stated. Similar model at Rural King has lasted for years. On sale for $18. One even sits outside in the weather and has performed well. Little bully to pack,but.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lykos

Super Trucker
The gravity chair isn't a bad Idea for camp. I run a Burb so space isn't too much of an issue.

The worst thing for me in the cheap chairs is they kill me under my thighs.

I've had a Travelchair Big Kahuna for 6 or 7 years now and it's still pretty much my (330lb 5'11") go-to camp chair. The thing is built like a tank with oversized, overbuilt construction and is rated to 800 pounds. That and/or an extra-wide gravity chair of unknown brand if I have room to take it as it's not really feasible for sitting around a fire with.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
The Alps chair listed above is good and very strong, but for comfort I prefer the Kijaro Dual Lock XXL
https://www.amazon.com/Kijaro-Porta...ck+xxl&qid=1555102105&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-1

The seat is flatter (doesn't "bite" your thighs like most bag chairs) and higher than the Alps, I am more comfortable longer in the Kijaro. The only downside is the storage bag is longer.

Then there is the Yeti Hondo chair, super strong, super comfortable by all accounts, but is not very compact when folded, and costs...wait for it... $300.

Last edited:

hemifoot

Observer
eureka highbacks are super comfortable.anything from eureka is a little $$ though,but worth it to me.i think most of them are rated to 300#.i have a couple of the last curvy highbacks now discontinued, but they have similar models

alexcivick

Observer
I’m 6’3” and was 335. My ARB chair has been and still is my favorite comfortable chair. Sturdy. Solid arms. Solid construction. Love it. I am no longer that heavy though. Now I’m 220 and looking for something that could be smaller in footprint or easier to pack. Looking at a Kermit Chair.

Lykos

Super Trucker
I’m 6’3” and was 335. My ARB chair has been and still is my favorite comfortable chair. Sturdy. Solid arms. Solid construction. Love it. I am no longer that heavy though. Now I’m 220 and looking for something that could be smaller in footprint or easier to pack. Looking at a Kermit Chair.
Great job getting that much weight off! How'd you do it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles