******** cepek extreme country

SnowedIn

Observer
Isn't DC a subcompany of Cooper too?

They are. So is Mickey Thompson; if you dig into the tire specs you can see which lines from the three brands share the same general technology, although I don't doubt the manufacturing origin and materials will vary between them.

I chose the Extreme Country because it had a lighter sidewall construction (an unusual choice, I admit) while still being in the 235/85R16 form factor I wanted. Everything else was more traditional E rated overkill for my uses. Sitting at 16K miles on these now, and at worst I'm half way through their life - expect to get 35-40k miles out of them. They were a bit of a gamble, but performance-wise they've been fantastic.

Still digging my tires and plan to replace them with more of the same; I just won't let 4wheel Parts install them and screw up my wheels again. Likely going to get some tire tools and give Dynabeads a go.

Just went through a stretch of being, er, housing challenged temporarily, and had to haul a LOT of stuff around. I ended up going from 38/34 psi front/rear, to 40/36, now up to 46/40 just to handle the load. I didn't notice any undesirable changes in wear, and between the tire pressure and some good synthetic rear diff oil I've picked up 2-3 mpg, so that's where I'll stay for on road driving.

SnowedIn

Observer
I'd forgotten about the Centramatics; the price isn't unreasonably greater than Dynabeads and they certainly look easier to install. I'll have to ask them if they have anything that will fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94