Center bore size for Jeep wheel spacers for an expo trailer?

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
Just curious if anyone knows what the correct spacer center bore size would be to order for a 3500lb Dexter axle to work with my Stock 2012 Jeep wheels? I’m ordering 2”wheel spacers from AdaptitUSA and they are asking for what size the center bore needs to be for the spacer to fit over the axle. My thought are 3” but thought I’d ask you all who have done this in the past and ordered through adaptitusa. I just figured since everyone seems like they order their spacers through AdaptitUSA that they would know exactly what I needed when I called but the lady on the phone I talked to acted like she had no clue what size center bore to do for the Jeep wheel to axle spacers. So what size are you all telling them? Will 3” be good?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just curious if anyone knows what the correct spacer center bore size would be to order for a 3500lb Dexter axle to work with my Stock 2012 Jeep wheels? I’m ordering 2”wheel spacers from AdaptitUSA and they are asking for what size the center bore needs to be for the spacer to fit over the axle. My thought are 3” but thought I’d ask you all who have done this in the past and ordered through adaptitusa. I just figured since everyone seems like they order their spacers through AdaptitUSA that they would know exactly what I needed when I called but the lady on the phone I talked to acted like she had no clue what size center bore to do for the Jeep wheel to axle spacers. So what size are you all telling them? Will 3” be good?

the wheel of the jeep is 71.5mm

these are the spacers I'm running on my trailer. 1.5" thick and fit over my 3500lb axle hubs (no brakes) just fine. they say they are 87.1mm.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pcs-1-5-Jeep-5x5-Wheel-Spacers-Adapters-Wrangler-Grand-Cherokee-JK-Offroad/322816642323?fits=Year:2002|Make:Jeep&hash=item4b295f0d13:g:QKMAAOSw9LxZuzGf

IMG_0459-L.jpg

IMG_0460-L.jpg

IMG_0461-L.jpg

oh yeah, and at $35 they look pretty top quality, 12.9 studs, and nice aluminum.

make sure when you order you get the correct lug studs (jeep is 1/2"-20 thread pitch)

dstock

Explorer

They asked for my hub size, which on my Dexter axle the hub size which was 2.67 inches, and they bored accordingly.

lacofdfireman

Adventurer

They asked for my hub size, which on my Dexter axle the hub size which was 2.67 inches, and they bored accordingly.

Is your Dexter axle a 3500lb with brakes. 2.67” seems smaller than the Jeep JK wheel center hole. Seems like the Jeep wheel should just slip over that but maybe not.

Last edited:

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
oh yeah, and at $35 they look pretty top quality, 12.9 studs, and nice aluminum.

make sure when you order you get the correct lug studs (jeep is 1/2"-20 thread pitch)

Thanks for the lead. I sent off an email to see if they may have what I’m looking for. I want a 2” spacer so I can use my Jeep wheel center caps without modification. Also I need a 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5 since my axle is 5 on 4.5. Also if you claim the center bore is 87.1 that means the center bore is over 3” which would be plenty to fit over a Dexter 3500lb axle I’d think. Hopefully they have that. The AdaptitUSA spacer is $165 shipped for the pair.

Are your spacers lug centric?

Thanks for the lead. I sent off an email to see if they may have what I’m looking for. I want a 2” spacer so I can use my Jeep wheel center caps without modification. Also I need a 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5 since my axle is 5 on 4.5. Also if you claim the center bore is 87.1 that means the center bore is over 3” which would be plenty to fit over a Dexter 3500lb axle I’d think. Hopefully they have that. The AdaptitUSA spacer is $165 shipped for the pair.

Spacers are lug centric.

My 3500lb axles already had 5x5 lug pattern, so I didn’t need an adapter just a spacer. They definitely have a 5x4.5 to 5x5 spacer/adapter.

ottsville

Observer
There are spacers out there that have in interior lip to maintain a hub centric wheel fit. Don't know the manufacturer though. The spacers themselves are lug centric.

dstock

Explorer

If you are ordering the axle why didn't you go with 5 on 5 to begin with?

I don't know anything about the ebay spacers but seems very inexpensive compared to the other known quality brands.

I’d have ordered it 5x5 but it still doesn’t correct the fact that he’d need spacers to get the stock JK wheel on his trailer as the JK wheel wont clear the hub bore. Spacers are in order either way, or machining the wheels (what I’d have done vs spacers)

On my trailer I went with spacers just to get the clearance because I didn’t want to buy another axle.

dstock

Explorer
I’d have ordered it 5x5 but it still doesn’t correct the fact that he’d need spacers to get the stock JK wheel on his trailer as the JK wheel wont clear the hub bore. Spacers are in order either way, or machining the wheels (what I’d have done vs spacers)

On my trailer I went with spacers just to get the clearance because I didn’t want to buy another axle.

Yes, pretty sure it was established earlier in the thread, spacers are required regardless of the hub pattern in order to fit hub centric Jeep wheels.

My only point was I'd be a bit leary of the really inexpensive spacers on ebay, the last thing anyone needs is a spacer failure on the road or off the road. I have zero experience with the ebay spacers posted above, they may be great, but for me it's just not an item to save money on.

Just my 2 cents, YMMV, etc, etc. :)

Yes, pretty sure it was established earlier in the thread, spacers are required regardless of the hub pattern in order to fit hub centric Jeep wheels.

My only point was I'd be a bit leary of the really inexpensive spacers on ebay, the last thing anyone needs is a spacer failure on the road or off the road. I have zero experience with the ebay spacers posted above, they may be great, but for me it's just not an item to save money on.

Just my 2 cents, YMMV, etc, etc. :)

Yeah, I hear ya.

I got my spacers for $35 shipped to my door.

Put em in my lathe, spun em up for runout/wobble, checked the studs for center, and made sure the studs were 12.9 strength.

No issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94