cell phone cases..

Mr Nice Guy

so i looked through the more technical forum for a few and figured this post would be better off here and i would probably get more help here.

i just got a new motorola droid after a insurance thing and i do t wanna break it, im looking for a rugged rough and ready cell phone case, none of that jelly cover stuff i want the real deal, hopefully with a hit case like the ones that seidio offer, but i cant find one for my phone and the otterbox wants look like a thin rubber to protect more from scratches, anyone got any ideas where i can look? cause im rough on my phones and wanna make this one last awhile

chasingdreams

Adventurer
I have an Iphone and have been using an Otter box since day one. my phone has fallen many many times and hit concrete, welding sparks, saw dust,..... everything that I can throw at it (I'm extremely hard on phones). I dismantle the Otterbox twice a month for a good cleaning.......

My phone is just over a year old and when it comes out of the Otterbox, it still looks like the day I bought it.:victory:

P.S. - Even though it's in the Otterbox, I still keep a screen protector on the phone,.... a little extra protection for any grit that may get in there.

rambrush

Adventurer
I am using the Seidio rugged case for my EVO as it was is my only option while using the larger battery. Otter box was my 1st choice but not a option with larger batteries.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I've got a Ballistic case for my iPhone. Check it out. Hard to imagine anything tougher. I was planning on getting the otter case, then I saw this thing... Besides providing lots of impact protection, the raised squares on the edges make it very easy to hold on to.

ADDED: the only problem I've had is that it is slightly more difficult to press buttons that are at the edge of the screen, due to the thickness of the case.

Last edited:

Ed B

Adventurer
I have the hard shell Otter Box for my Droid and like it. Not dust proof so you will need to clean it fron time to time. The holder and phone fell off my belt for the first time last week as I was getting out of the car. Hit the cement driveway with the holder going one direction and the phone the other. Chipped the hard cover but the phone was fine and I am still using the cover.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Aside from any case you might use I'd also use a product called Invisible Shield on it. I'm using it on my Phone, Ipod Touch, and Ipad. They are all spotless with absolutely Zero scratches unlike my products with out it (other phones) which are now completely scratched & marred throughout by just regular daily use.:smiley_drive:

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I have a 'Body Glove' case on my Droid. I tend to destroy a phone within a year:snorkel:

Coming up on a year next month with this one, and it's still perfect!

I've dropped it, had it fall off the dash/seat to the floor, etc, etc.

Between the case and a screen protector, it still looks like new.

The Body Glove case is in rough shape:elkgrin:

Got it right at the Verion store, and it's made just for the Droid, and fits perfect.

The outside is 'rubbery', which has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Advantage: It tends to stay put and not slide, easy to grip even with cold hands.

Disadvantage: Hard to slide into a pocket, a bit bulkier than the 'pretty' covers.

Like this:

http://www.igear360.com/2010/07/16/...r-case-motdrdxcovbg-for-the-motorola-droid-x/

I took the the holster 'knob' off of mine, as I don't carry it on my belt. Easy to pop it off, leaves a smooth case.

ETA: I have the DROID 2 model, but the "X" is similar.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I hate spam.

Forgot to mention in my previous post that the ballistic case has a screen protector built in.

So, MrNiceGuy, what did you settle on?

redtacoma01

I have used the Otter Box on my Blackberry several times when I need the extra protection and it has always saved my phone.

Cruiser

Adventurer
Have tried a balistic case.. had issues im the first couple hrs.. went with otter as soon as it came out. I have broke a otter box already with no damage to my 4g iphone.. and yes I'm that hard on phones and cases..

Kevin108

Explorer
I like the Otterbox Commuter cases with glass screen protectors. It adds minimal bulk, but ideal grip improvement and excellent protection. I'm running an iPhone 11, which is submersible in its bare form, so I didn't need to worry about a waterproof case. 3 years on, dozens if not hundreds of drops pieces chipped off the case even, but no damage to the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94