Cell Booster

Mgyver1

Observer
I have a Smoothetalker booster with their cradle, but they have versions with interior antennas for multiple devices. If you’re using a hotspot with an antenna port you can hook the Smoothtalker booster directly to the device.

Alloy

We are using a 3 year old weBoost (haven't tried others).

If the weBoost stick antennas doesn't pick up enough signal then I'll bring out our Yagi antenna (hose clamped to the ladder) along with an app called Network Cell Info Lite.

Info on Yagi antennas

If I know where a tower is and getting no signal I've had some success in hiking for 30min to the top of a hill/ridge or recently we had signal if we drove 15min past the campsite.

jhmoore

I have a WeBoost, and as has been mentioned, no signal no boost. That's the basics...

That being said, if your on the verge of signal, IE phone wont make call, but still sees it etc, the booster can help a lot there. Antenna makes a big difference. Top of a hill vs valley makes a big difference. But at the end of the day you still need the signal to boost.

As also mentioned the interior antenna is very directional, we use a mifi under the booster antenna and work off its signal in/around the truck.

How far can you get from the MiFi with this setup? I am thinking of using a booster in the vehicle but want to work outside the vehicle... set up a shade tent nearby with a table and chair... are you doing something like this and is it working for you?

java

Expedition Leader
How far can you get from the MiFi with this setup? I am thinking of using a booster in the vehicle but want to work outside the vehicle... set up a shade tent nearby with a table and chair... are you doing something like this and is it working for you?
That's mifi dependant I think. But ours works outside fine. Better towards the front as it's not going thru a big metal box.

I have seen a full proper router type as well that would likely give more range with its antennas.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Haven’t been on here in awhile work has been extremely busy but all the previous reply’s are spot on w what I’ve discovered using it almost daily.

WeBoost Drive X in the work vehicle and when we go camping I just unhook it and pop it in the camper. We have two separate antennas and power cord.

I use an app Open Signal to check upload/download speeds you can’t base it off how many bars you have.

Verizon seems to do better than AT&T - I have both work/personal.

The interior antenna works fine has approximate 10’ range. I occasionally use a MiFi camping, the MiFi covers a much larger area for WiFi

We added the larger “Truck”Antenna to the trailer it made a huge difference and def worth the cost.

Attached a pic to show how/where it’s mounted the interior antenna is next to it and easily covers 10’ from back of trailer.

661BBF7C-D456-473E-8716-1C582BF3160B.jpeg38EEC417-994A-4357-8C8B-402713A7690B.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles