CCV low profile pop top

dsw4x4

Adventurer
After a lot of headaches we finally finished a new low profile pop top available in both extended and regular body fords for all of the garageable van folks out there.
The cushions are not in in yet but you get the idea.
IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

Derek

aksavanaman

I was apposed to one of the larger pop-tops since our vans are already pretty tall... but this sounds like a good alternative! Looks great and I'm sure you'll have guys lining up for this option. Just curious, what kind of weight can be safely carried on top of the pop up without having to remove camping gear to deploy it?

jdl335

Any thing of this type for the GMC standard wheel base in the future? Because that would be awsome...

Jeff

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
What kind of budget are we looking at here?
and ditto re the Q above the Cheevies....

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Thanks everyone for the kind words.
aksavanaman, you can put two hundred pounds on the roof and still pop the top with out unloading it. You can put more on it but you will need to remove it before popping the top.
Codyy and gbail I pm'd you the info you asked for.
Jdl335 I just need a couple express vans to be willing to put money down and be patient to build a new chevy top. I was lucky enough to get a nice local couple to put money down on the ford van top. This gave me the opportunity to build the new mold. Originally I hoped it was only going to take 4 weeks but in reality it took about 4 months from the first thought of the design to the first van rolling out the door.
Tool man I do not have an out door pic of it closed that van rolled out the door the same day it was finished, but I will be doing an extended next month and I will be sure to get a full photo album put together for that one to.

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
So is the front opening the only way to get up there or does it fold over at all? It makes a great sleeping space, but what about standing room? (or did I miss the point of the top?)

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
So is the front opening the only way to get up there or does it fold over at all? It makes a great sleeping space, but what about standing room? (or did I miss the point of the top?)

By the looks of the sectioned panels, it appears that they can be removed for standing room. I would be shocked if that was not the case.

dsw4x4

Adventurer
YEs the first two sectioned panels can be removed and or stacked on the front or rear to allow more standing room when using the van for camping and not sleeping.
The taller roof we offer the bed folds up in two sections on hinges but I could not fit that in the low profile top.
Derek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles