Catalina wine mixer, Ram 3500 C&C

flylow4500

Observer
The list of reasons to change out to the new trucks is very long and the rear suspension isn't very high on the list. Don't drive one if you want to keep your current truck. I've had 99, 04.5, 95, 14, 16 and 18 CTD trucks and def is the only thing that sucks about the new trucks.

Drain for the filler necks? Fuel can't get in the compartment.

Inline6

Adventurer
Overflow from filling up. Tube from the fill area to outside the compartment. Hope it never happens.

Lot$$$$ of reasons keep me from a new truck. Mine only has a bit over 100K on it and is dong well.

Redheddedwonder

The bed is an all aluminum, built to my dimensions. It has some serious storage space. Every surface of this box is powder coated which keeps contents clean, looking new and allows easy clean up.

First off, amazing build! I love the outside fridge! I have been looking at Ram chassis cabs myself but we about a year out at this point. Some questions on the custom box.

1. Does the deck height increase vs a stock bed? Wondering about a cabover camper and the gab between cab and camper. Without the fifth wheel hitch would that deck height be lower?
2. The custom build price? I assume it all depends on how custom, but does it increase the price a ton? (feel free to DM me). I have been looking at SherpTek but this setup is pretty awesome too and want to compare prices.
3. Is there a reason you went with the aux diesel tank vs the factory option?

flylow4500

Observer
Thanks for the compliments!

1. Height is the same as a standard bed with or without gooseneck hitch.
2. I build these trucks to order with the end product being higher quality, higher performance with high attention to detail for a higher price.
3.The aux tank is in addition to the dual fuel tanks I spec’d the truck with. It’s purpose is to fill diesel vehicles that can’t drive to the pump, added range and provide heating for the camper. It’s hard to have too much fuel on a vehicle. Total fuel will be around 122 gal.

Redheddedwonder

Thanks for the compliments!

1. Height is the same as a standard bed with or without gooseneck hitch.
2. I build these trucks to order with the end product being higher quality, higher performance with high attention to detail for a higher price.
3.The aux tank is in addition to the dual fuel tanks I spec’d the truck with. It’s purpose is to fill diesel vehicles that can’t drive to the pump, added range and provide heating for the camper. It’s hard to have too much fuel on a vehicle. Total fuel will be around 122 gal.
Good to know! thanks

ATCws

Great looking build! I have a 2015 RAM 3500 cab chassis I want to smooth out the suspension to carry a flatbed camper. How does the suspension ride? Did you consider the Kelderman air system for the front? How is the front system as you've installed it working out? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles