Cast Dutch Oven(s) in SoCal

billy bee

Adventurer
Hi Guys,

I am picking up two cast iron Dutch ovens off of CL in So. Pasadena, CA. I don't really need them both, but they seem like too good a deal to pass up/along. I am paying $30 for each of them. If anybody needs one, I am happy to pass one along.

Here's the CL description:
For sale are two cast iron dutch ovens with tripod legs. One is 12 inch and the other is 14 inch diameter. Both good condition - could use a good scrub and seasoning. Wonderful for cooking beans and gumbo or use for deep frying. These are very heavy duty and can also be used for campfire cooking - the lids seal tightly so you can actually bury them in a bed of hot coals!

00G0G_aYHdvufnZmM_600x450.jpg

Lemme know if you want one. Either one. I can deliver between Pasadena and San Luis Obispo over the next few week. I'll keep one and learn a new way of camp cooking...

bb

ExpedH3T

Explorer
Suggest you keep one for dessert and one for cooking dinner, shallow one is great for cobbler and pizza!!!!

mcskibadee1

Adventurer
Hmmm, if I didn't already have one I would be so on this. Someone get on this and you make so much good stuff.

Cinnamon Buns
16529245866_0b03e9ce43_z.jpg

Shephards Pie.
15934341473_ed952996e4_z.jpg

CJustin7

Adventurer
Anybody know where you can purchase dutch oven bread pans,rectangle shape.
Thanks kp

I've gotten allot of cast Iron cook ware from Flea-Markets around here.
There's a vendor here at the big market who has nothing but cast iron cook ware..... and it's really cheap too. Maybe try one in your area ?

Last edited:

psykokid

Explorer
Interested in whichever one you decide you could do without. I'm near Pasadena as well :) Every time a good one comes up on CL locally someone has beaten me to it :(

taugust

Adventurer
Looks like the 14 is regular depth and the 12 is deep. You will need to adjust the number of coals on the 12 (upward) given in recipes due to the extra depth. Most recipes are for a 12" regular depth.

taugust

Adventurer
Anybody know where you can purchase dutch oven bread pans,rectangle shape.
Thanks kp
I bake a round sourdough loaf right in the DO. No extra pan needed. Any bread pan should work, provided your DO is large enough to fit it. I have seen cast iron loaf pans for use in a kitchen oven, but nothing specifically for use in a DO.

billy bee

Adventurer
Suggest you keep one for dessert and one for cooking dinner, shallow one is great for cobbler and pizza!!!!

You may be right. I have never even tried these. May give them a test run before I sell. Baking pizza in a campfire sounds great...

bb

Got Beer

Observer
Hey BB - let me know how your test run goes. I am also in AG and am interested in the 14", pending looking it over for any issues.

Wayne

PS-DRV15 I think refers to Desert Rendezvous 2015. I had not made plans yet to attend either. Although it looks like a pretty fun time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94