Cascadia4x4 or Lensun solar

Jshields

I'm looking at doing a solar panel on my hood. Cascadia 4x4 and Lensun both make them for the 3rd gen without the scoop. I'm just trying to figure out if one is better than the other? Looks like the Lensun is about $200 cheaper than Cascadia 4x4 which is a plus. Will mostly be used to help top off my AGM battery and may charge phones and tablets while camping.

erk1505

I have a lensun mounted to the hood of my 2nd gen. I love it, the reason I went with the lensun was the cascades was out of stock and I already had the solar generator. I keep my group 34 AGM topped of and power my snomaster fridge from the battery. Well worth it in my opinion.

Attachments

• 8739F556-30AE-4692-B9FB-90F4E1E20E56.jpeg
    8739F556-30AE-4692-B9FB-90F4E1E20E56.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 26

Jshields

I have a lensun mounted to the hood of my 2nd gen. I love it, the reason I went with the lensun was the cascades was out of stock and I already had the solar generator. I keep my group 34 AGM topped of and power my snomaster fridge from the battery. Well worth it in my opinion.
Hows it hold up to the weather. I'm in Indiana so we get a little of everything, snow, hail, freezing rain etc...

erk1505

I’ve been running mine since April of this year and it hasn’t had any issues. It holds up well to some heat and humidity pretty well for sure.

NudeLobster

i burned a lensolar 80w panel on my hood in Arizona in about a year. The hood is an absolutely terrible location for solar, whether the panel is specially shaped for the hood or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles