Carrying bicycle on R1200GSA

Looking for creative solutions to carrying/transporting a bicycle (gravel bike or hardtail MTB) on a R1200GSA with the full rack and hard cases.

If you feel obliged to start a response that doesn't address this - like "horrible idea", "unsafe", etc. - please move on, nothing to see here.

Neither bicycle is >25 lbs and I'm not looking to max out the carrying capacity in terms of other luggage or gear. Just looking to have a chance to pedal at some of my destinations. Obviously ratcheting straps could likely get the job done but trying to keep things more tightened up. Thanks in advance.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Sorry but, I don't know the brand of this rack but I see them up and down the canyon heading to the trailheads here in Colorado several times a summer. Never seen a problem with them.

Goodluck!

F36F56E4-26D8-4BE9-A271-8A6C4C688CF7.jpeg

Sorry but, I don't know the brand of this rack but I see them up and down the canyon heading to the trailheads here in Colorado several times a summer. Never seen a problem with them.

Goodluck!

View attachment 770149
Ah, yes, that's what I was thinking but Google searches don't return anything but likely because I'm not using the correct terms. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz