I have a 2021 Power Wagon with the following suspension:

Thuren Front 1.5" Power Wagon coils
Thuren Overland Front Shocks
Thuren Front Trackbar

Thuren Rear STOCK HEIGHT SOFT RATE Power Wagon coils
Thuren Overland Rear Shocks
Thuren Rear Trackbar
Thuren Rear Extended Sway Bar Links

My question, I added about 450-500 lbs of constant weight to the back with a pop top camper, Rigd tire carrier, and a full size 37". I now have sag, and wanted to correct it.

I read around on a few forums of folks running Carli R2 rear coils on their Power Wagon to make up for that added weight of a topper and tire carrier with full spare. Anyone here do the same? And did you have to swap out your shocks as well to the Carli tuned ones?

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated!

aaaslayer

You have stock height rear springs and lift/leveling springs on the front.
Go back to stock height springs up front, the last thing you need is a lift which does not level.

Rear springs are from Thuren they are "stock height" as in, I don't get any lift, but they are still 3" longer than OEM. They're just much softer coil rate.

If I go back to stock height springs in the front, I rub bad with 37s. Thanks for the useless comment.

driller

old soul wanderer
I cant give opinion on the Carli spring. But I have the same springs on my PW. I run a Habitat shell and was sagging a little. Thuren Has an adjustable spring spacer for the rear. I added that at full space and it helped a lot. Then I added air bags for when i load up heavy for trips. I usually run the bags around 10psi and found the set up works good for me.

Last edited:

PNW_PW

I'm running the R2s with a full Carli setup on my 21 PW with a Super Pacific, Rig'd carrier & 37s on it. With the back loaded for a weekend it still sits real nice without noticeable sag. I think they felt overly stiff while I was waiting for my X1 but they feel great with everything on it.

aaaslayer

I cant give opinion on the Carli spring. But I have the same springs on my PW. I run a Habitat shell and was sagging a little. Thuren Has an adjustable spring spacer for the rear. I added that at full space and it helped a lot. Then I added air bags for when i load up heavy for trips. I usually run the bags around 10psi and found the set up works good for me.
I know about the spacers but was hesitant to run them. With the R2 coils I'm gaining the needed height and also payload. But, would you be able to share a side shot of your truck? If not too much trouble.

Thanks

bikelanta

Adventurer
I'm running the R2s with a full Carli setup on my 21 PW with a Super Pacific, Rig'd carrier & 37s on it. With the back loaded for a weekend it still sits real nice without noticeable sag. I think they felt overly stiff while I was waiting for my X1 but they feel great with everything on it.
Let's see this beast!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke