Captain Texas Anvil JKU build

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer
Got the Jeep back from the dealership and drove about 60 miles on the highway to test out the coolant. Average I am getting at 70 now is around 215 again.

Also checked under the radiator cap and it is the correct coolant type.

While I was at the dealership I got the passenger side airbag recall done as well. Was pretty surprised how good the service was.
Thermostat is sticking?

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Last weekend I went down to Austin to get the seat delete deck kit installed by Outback Texas and I am really happy with how the project turned out. Tom and I worked together to get the deck installed so it took about 1-1.5 hours all in all. The deck is really high quality and there are a TON of tie-down points, along with 2 HEAVY duty mounts that bolt in where the seat belt retainers would go. Since this is an early developed product and still being made by hand, one of the holes that mounted the rear of the deck (vehicle right) did not line up with the bolt, however, since 2 of the 3 bolts were secured it isn't a huge deal.

Currently just letting the Jeep air out as much as possible. The Rhino liner that was used had been setting for about a week prior to install and I was told it could take a month to have it finish setting and for the smell to go away.

Other than that, really happy with how it turned out.

BWF40iK.jpg

jPbgFT9.jpg

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Got a question:

So I am wanting to use a 5lb propane tank for my trip to NM and Colorado in July instead of the small Coleman bottles for the skottle. However, there aren't a lot of places I can mount it to my Jeep. I know I could get the hardtop corner bracket from AT Overland but that requires drilling into my top and I am not jumping at that idea in the slightest. Also, they have a roll bar mount which I am interested in but I want to know if anyone else has a good system to store a 5lb propane tank in their Jeeps. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Found my solution! Went on a facebook group I'm a part of and found this by North Bound Expeditions in Canada. It's a new product so they only have made a few that are still in inventory but it is essentially a nap sack for a 5lb tank that will mount to the ladder of a roof rack, cargo tray, spare tire, etc. Looks really stout. Going to be mounting it to my spare tire. Ordered it and should be here in the next few weeks, has to get through the border into the United States.

UxKgdzJ.jpg

Other than that, I've ordered some more strachets from Front Runner to secure items on the new flat floor as well as ordered two of their Wolf Boxes.

Going to be getting it serviced here relatively soon, new oil, new diff fluids, etc. Going to be torquing down all the bolts as well.

How the Jeep is currently sitting. Need to bust out the DSLR and snap some new pictures of it.

qp5af62.jpg

Captain Texas

Adventurer
So just curious does anyone know if Maxtrax ever get sold at lower that the $300 list? Interested in some for Colorado but not crazy for the price tag.

Also got in some more Strachits from FR and two of their wolf pack boxes.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
So just curious does anyone know if Maxtrax ever get sold at lower that the $300 list? Interested in some for Colorado but not crazy for the price tag.

Also got in some more Strachits from FR and two of their wolf pack boxes.

I picked up some Go Treads. Not sure how good they are, but they seem to be quality. I know they will be good enough for me though. Plus I got a Blue Ridge Overland bag. Easy to store inside the Jeep. I know they are offering a 40% discount off the bag this week.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Small update:

Went to get an oil change last week and the mechanic noticed that the Thermostat was cracked (Figures why the Jeep has been running hot lately). He said once he got it out and put it on the ground it pretty much crumbled. Replaced it and working fine now.

Had Tribe16 order a Dana Spicer 44 diff cover for the rear to match the front as well as a new TB bracket and TB from AEV for the 2.5" lift (Since a dealership replaced mine several years ago saying it was "Bent to hell").

Also got the Terraflex Rotopax mount for the hi-lift.
tpFAbQh.jpg

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Got a rear Dana Spicer 44 diff cover installed as well as re-installing an AEV Trackbar and bracket for the 2.5" lift. Noticed pretty quick how correcting the roll center reduces the left and right swaying when going over big dips in the road. Really rides great now.

c9hBtke.jpg

Also ordered a set of Maxtrax in tan as well. I've heard the road conditions for the RTS will be pretty crazy. Snow is still pretty heavy in Colorado so it's entirely possible for the roads to be full of mud. I've got the front locker but it's great to have the insurance policy of the Maxtrax.

JeepinO

So I know terrible picture but I don't have a ton of room under the Jeep to take pictures.

The light gray bar behind the steering stabilizer is the new Synergy Track Bar. From what I can tell it's not parallel with the drag link. I'm guessing this is what is causing my bumpsteer?

lXLKdSe.jpg
What steering stabilizer bracket is that, I looked through your post but I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere. I installed mine about a month ago and I absolutly hate the way the steering stabilizer mounts. not sure why they didn't do it the traditional way. Love the anvil color by the way. Here's my jeep, got all the aev goodies as well! great choice!

Attachments

• IMG_20190613_132400_473.jpg
    IMG_20190613_132400_473.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 28

Captain Texas

Adventurer
What steering stabilizer bracket is that, I looked through your post but I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere. I installed mine about a month ago and I absolutly hate the way the steering stabilizer mounts. not sure why they didn't do it the traditional way. Love the anvil color by the way. Here's my jeep, got all the aev goodies as well! great choice!

Honestly, I don't know, it was something the shop I got the axle from offered to their customers. Honestly you would be better off having a shop fab up something for you and cutting off the mount from Dana

zachgs

Great build thread, just got through the whole thing. Lots of inspiration for my 2013 and great photography!

I’m considering a similar lift and tire size, given all your experience with different track bar and stabilizer options, what would you finally recommend?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles