Canyonlands Area Trip 10.27 - 10.28.17

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Spent last Friday and Saturday down in Moab,UTah driving the White Rim trail, visiting Canyonlands NP and mountain biking around Dead Horse State Park.

Started at Schafer trail. The last time I was here the road was closed and it was wet and cloudly.

Just past the Whitecrack Campground turnoff

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Labyrinth campground was my stop for the day. I was the only one here and it was nice to have the area to myself.

Spent sometime before the sun went playing with my camera in an attempt to get some night photos and then from 10-11 pm I attempted to get some night photo's but I was having issues getting any shots to come out or my camera wanting to corporate. Went till my battery died. These are the ones to really come out.

Saturday morning I made a visit to Canyonlands NP while I waited for it to warm up some in afternoon to get some mountain biking in at Dead Horse State Park. I'm still trying to figure out how a State Park visitor center has flush toilets and running water while a National Park visitor center has an outhouse.

Looking out and seeing the road I drove the day before gives some perspective of where I had traveled the day before.

After letting it warmed up it was over to Dead Horse State Park to bike the outer most trails and to take in the views (I need to pull the photos from my phone). I had a smile on my face the whole time taking it all in especially after being held up for 3 months while recovering from shoulder surgery. A return trip is a must. :bike_rider::wings:

One item to note if you take your young kids mountain biking with you stay with them. I came across to 10 year old's (rough guess) a boy and a girl whose parents weren't around and the boy had a crashed his bike. I was able to get the bike fixed enough that he would be able to get it off the trail and back to the visitor center a short ways down the trail. I'm assuming their folks where the ones I passed shortly before I came across them and their where some others on the trail behind me so I felt comfortable letting them go though a part of me thought that I should've stayed with them.

DetroitDarin

Scratching a 10 year Itch
beautiful! Take care of some of that dust on your sensor! :)

Makes me really wish I was back stateside - for the chance of adventures like that.

LilPoppa

Adventurer
Beautiful pics. Utah is so breathtaking and Canyonlands...ugh. So amazing. We're in Costa Rica right now for a month, and I was talking to some Ticos the other day about their upcoming Spring trip to the US. They're going to California, but I tried hard to convince them to make the trip to Utah. They drive a pretty cool modded Hilux with a RTT, so I figured they'd fit right in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier