Canvas/Vinyl Seam sealer.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I have a 2007 Apex 8, I am wanting to reseal the seams on the pop up portions, What product, or how have you guys been doing to the seams in your campers?

( to be fair, it is not leaking- am looking for preventative)

Thanks IMG_20180907_1347476.jpg

kerry

Expedition Leader
We have a 94 Northstar and also have never needed to seal seams. Where are you getting leaks?

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
The material in your camper is obviously different than what my WilderNest is made from (urethane coated nylon), but I've had good luck using McNett Seam Grip to seam seal. It's thickish urethane liquid, almost a thin gel, that I've found holds up well.

page3_3.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Its not leaking yet, I bought it very used and abused and am trying to take care of it/bring it back up to snuff. There are a few places where the windows are placed that have some tiny holes with the stitching. Tiny being relative, i can see through them but bugs cant get through. Its mainly just the stitching i am wondering/worried about.

It maybe a non issue and i am overthinking it? I have been doing a lot of work to it, the previous owner did nothing to care for it. For example, he told me he never re caulked anything in the entire time he owned it......so over 7 years. I have had it in light rains, and will have it in snow in a few weeks- with out any leaking thus far. I am in the Pacific Northwest and we can get some pretty good rains.

I did reach out to Outfitter and have not heard back( it can take some time, they usually get back to me though). I will try and post pictures when I get a chance.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94