Canter not starting

It has a fuel pressure control valve right? If that was faulty it would explain it starting when you clamp the return. Still doesn’t explain why it runs fine once you do get it to start. Perhaps whatever controls the pressure control isn’t initially doing anything until it’s running.
Well the mechanic put on the prv and it starts straight up problem solved
Thanks everyone
Gary

kerry

Expedition Leader
I'm not very familiar with the operation of common rail systems. Can anyone explain the role of that Pressure Control Valve in the system? Relieves pressure when engine shuts off? Bleeds off excess pressure when engine is running?

javajoe79

Fabricator
I'm not very familiar with the operation of common rail systems. Can anyone explain the role of that Pressure Control Valve in the system? Relieves pressure when engine shuts off? Bleeds off excess pressure when engine is running?
It maintains the proper pressure within the rail

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
A pump creates flow and restriction creates pressure.
A pressure relief valve is a safety device, ensuring that system pressure is not exceeded. It normally only operates when something goes wrong.
A pressure control valve is used to maintain operational pressure in the system, so it is working most of the time. The majority of hydraulics systems use these. It can also double as a pressure relief valve.

Clear as mud?

kerry

Expedition Leader
I was trying to imagine the role of this valve in the standard common rail fuel return system? Does it only open in overpressure or does it routinely open to return fuel?

javajoe79

Fabricator
The IP produces the pressure but this valve must relieve it. Under what conditions does the pressure need to be relieved.
Common rails don’t have an injection pump. They’re more like typical fuel injection but at a higher pressure. The pressure control valve is like a pressure regulator in a typical fuel injection system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior