Canter FG649 SWB Camper Truck Build

Bris31

Adventurer
My first post since joining in 2012 :ylsmoke:

Camper Truck dream came out of having a Hilux & a Campervan for years but not able to go far enough or with enough comfortable living for longer period. So after lurking here for months, researching and PMing experienced people on forum, bought Canter SWB (derated <4500kg) with intention to make a simple but functional camper truck.

Hope to update the build regularly and welcome ideas to make it happen.

So the journey begins.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Maninga

Adventurer
It can be long haul, order a truck load of beer and enjoy the show :)

Oh, I don't know. 2 years from initial design to outcome seems to be about the norm, 5 if you're doing a complete rebuild, 7-8 if you're Owen.

Good to finally see what you're building on

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi and welcome .
Great looking truck.
Our shed is done now but baby is about 10 days away so sum time after that we can catch up and talk trucks.

Bris31

Adventurer
Hi and welcome .
Great looking truck.
Our shed is done now but baby is about 10 days away so sum time after that we can catch up and talk trucks.

Pete Thanks for the welcome. Yes looking forward to truck talks sometime.

Wishes for the upcoming arrival of new family member - and welcome to the world of sleepless nights and restless days :bike_rider:

dlh62c

Explorer
Not sure I'd go with a tire having raised white lettering since the rims are reversible.

Last edited:

Heidi

Your dislike if the raised white lettering is shared by many folks. The old fashion tire product called tire black would cover up the white if you can find it. I have heard cleaning the lettering with a degreaser and coloring the letters with a black permanent marker actually holds up pretty well. However, a good layer of dust or mud is easier....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles