Can't get the S Pod to work, any thoughts? SOLVED!

ratled

Adventurer
Haven't done anything to anything and the it's like it's not connected to anything. Rocker switches don't even light up when toggled. I'm only runnig a pair of Rigids on the A pilar off one switch and a pair Rigid cubes off annother in the back.

I walked the wires all the way through and nothing notable. All the wires are tight and connected . I checked all the fuses in the box.

Any thoughts? Any chance there is a "reset" circuit I'm missing somewhere? <----- see the desperation there :)

Thanks for any info

Last edited:

WOODY2

Adventurer
Haven't done anything to anything and the it's like it's not connected to anything. Rocker switches don't even light up when toggled. I'm only runnig a pair of Rigids on the A pilar off one switch and a pair Rigid cubes off annother in the back.

I walked the wires all the way through and nothing notable. All the wires are tight and connected . I checked all the fuses in the box.

Any thoughts? Any chance there is a "reset" circuit I'm missing somewhere? <----- see the desperation there :)

Thanks for any info
A couple of thoughts, start at power source with a multimeter and trace power. Second thought is to call SPOD direct they're friendly and helpful.

chet6.7

Explorer
From sPOD's FAQ. Is the 2amp fuse OK?

Q Should I disconnect the sPOD from the battery if my vehicle is not driven often?
A There are many factors that would have to be taken into consideration. The simplest way to power down or remove any parasitic draw is to remove the 2amp fuse for the Source, SourceLT, SourceSE, Bantam, or BantamX. Click here for more information on batteries and parasitic draw.
https://www.4x4spod.com/faq

NatersXJ6

Explorer
It has a low voltage cutoff device. I would figure out how to check that.

maybe you have a high resistance connection at battery or source box that is causing a low voltage read and tripping it out?

ratled

Adventurer
FIXED! You guys were all over it. I called S Pod this morning an spoke with Mary in Tech support who took care of me. She gave a couple of things to walk through/ try and it fired right up. Mary did say if these didn't work to e mail some pics and we would work through it.

The batteries weren't sending 12.8v to and the low volt curcit shut off kicked in. I think the batteries (a pair of Oddessy 1500s) are at the end of their serviceable life and need to be replaced - just over 4 years old.

Thanks to Mary and you guys for making it so easy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier