Getting ready to install the ceiling in the cabin. Thought it would be a good time to add some light.
The distribution panel and charging system came from an old Conestoga 12 footer that we wrecked out.
I like it because it is so old that it has no printed circuit panels to fail . It is a 30 amp system ( fine for my needs ).
I may convert it at a later date to Blue Sea panels and charging systems. I use them on my boat and have had good service from them.
For now though I like the simple approach.
Well, the wiring is about 80% completed.
Once all of the runs that cross over through the rafters was completed I decided that it was time to add a ceiling.
At this point all I can claim is that I am really good at building boxes......Lots of boxes........
I added provisions for a solar panel or to while wiring the overhead.
To be honest , I haven't even thought about that aspect yet.
As I have no experience with them , any advice would be appreciated....
The lighting will be converted to all LED bulbs once the box is in service.
I have decided to either run a blue flame or catalytic heating system.
By doing this I save the room designed for the big Duotherm . It will be converted into a storage locker for my Yamaha 1000 watt geny.
I have a 1000 watt cin wave inverter that will go into the system just to charge my lap top.
The total amp draw should be minimal enough to only need 1 12 volt deep cycle battery on board.
Looks like your doing a great job. I'd like to come by and see the camper before your done if that is possible. I live in Rainier just up river from you.
Send me an e-mail if you want at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know, again the camper looks great.
Got the last of the interior panels and doors built and installed today ....
The water tank, blue flame heater and tankless water heater should arrive next week .
Once they arrive and are installed I'll be able to finish up the plumbing.
Until then I will be sanding and trimming out the interior . I am excited to see all of the wood work under a nice coat of shellac.
My buddy fallowed me to work today , I think he claimed the upper bunk.
Managed to get a bit done over the past few days .
Finished re finishing the appliances ( copper and black Hammerite) the wife's idea.
Installed the new water tank, plumbed the LPG locker and finished all of the wiring.
Then sealed the outside of the panels and frame with polyurethane clear. This should make for a nice vapor barrier .
A few more days and I'll be adding the insulation, draft tape and skin to the mix.
That is once I am through mapping all of the design changes that have been done to the original design.