Canadian military trailers

wacker

Observer
I wonder how much shipping cost on these from Canada? I'm only 4-5 hours away from there. Would it be cheaper to ship them from the US rather than Canada?

greentruck

Adventurer
If you're that close, it's going to be a lot easier to find a flatbed and bring it home yourself. All of them indicate these aren't road worthy, so you'll need something to load it on.

Gotta figure out the paperwork then for the border, but it will save you a bundle over paying someone else to get it to you.

Lucky j

Explorer
From what was research from a guy on a canadian forum, they went for 330$ can to 750$ can.

About the fact that they wnated people comming to pick them up with trailer or transport, I think it is more for the liability issues. Meanning that they mention that they did not allowed people to bring plate, light taht would not be working with the plulling vehicule, and possible brackage causing accident.

In this case, take it out on a trailer or flat bed and we don't have to deal with your stupidity.

! would think that for that kind of price, it was worth it to drive for a while to pick some of them up.

greentruck

Adventurer
Luc,
Yeah, I kind of figured that liability was more the issue than anything. If I'd been dropping trailers out of planes, I probably wouldn't want to take the chance on one of those babies rolling out the gate on its own wheels, either.

I've read the manual on rigging them for air-dropping. If a fellow got an A in the course, I wouldn't worry about it, but those looking like they were rigged by the D and F students or had a bad breeze right before touchdown are a little bent:)

Those are decent prices, as I paid $700 for our M101, which I think was a steal (AFAIK, it wasn't dropped!) If I was buying one, I'd suggest looking at the top end of the range. The bent ones look troublesome. Probably a good idea to look them over closely, considering their history. But a trailer is a pretty straightforward piece of equipment. If there wasn't visible damage, I doubt if there would be problems form their earlier career down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior