Can you identify these seats?

Cobytefft

IMG_0113.JPG
Looking at buying some seats for my E350. I was told these are out of a Ford van. Can anyone confirm? Thanks for your help... Oh and I'm not sure if I can cut-and-paste pictures into this thread or not, but here we go

Cobytefft

That makes sense, the guy selling keeps telling me they came out of his econoline, but maybe someone put them in before he bought it. Anybody have an opinion on what they would be like for driver and passenger seat in my 99 E350. (with advance four wheel drive conversion, that's a whole other story I am not yet prepared to talk about) would there be any issues mounting them up, just ordered my new sports Mobile swivels, I think they would look pretty good. Not Sienna good, but good. Thanks

Oh and just got off the phone with the seller of the seats and again swears up and down they came out of his E3 50 Econoline says my friend doesn't know what he's talking about "windstar". Isn't craigslist a Hoot!

philos

Explorer
They look a bit like standard upfitter seats I see in vans at the junkyards all the time.
If they don't fit, you could sell them on or just make brackets to make 'em fit in your van...

WUzombies

Adventurer
wish we had a list of what seats fit what ford vans my 94 E250 seat is hammered and dead

You can damn near make anything fit, it might take some work. I have a pair of Scat ProCar seats (Racero style seats) in my '73 SuperBeetle and they didn't fit, but that was fixed by stripping the new seats to the frame, modifying the frames, modifying the brackets and cutting some of the foam.

Point being, if you have a pair of seats you love and they're close, you can make things happen if you're willing to do the work.

As for the "upfitter" seats from conversion manufactures, think about them long and hard and not in a good way. There are some good ones and there are some really poorly made ones. Seat backs are basically apart of the restraint system of your vehicle, if you have a seat back failure then the restraint system will cease to function correctly and you could experience a higher level of injury in a collision. Out of all the different product cases that cause injury or death tires take the lead, but seat back failures follow close behind. If you want an explanation of Delta-V and PDOF and how that all works together for or against you during a seat back failure then drop me a message. Unless you're in the industry most people really don't care. :)

Cobytefft

Just had an interesting conversation with John at quad van yesterday about modifications to suspensions, heightened vans and how it affects collisions , function of airbags and insurance companies willingness to pay... I suppose just about any modifications you do to a vehicle is going to affect the original safety design. There's probably lots of threads on this whole topic somewhere just haven't run into. I was in accident in the old Econoline van I was driving for a group home, I worked for 20 years ago I was rear ended and back of the seat failed which I believe made my injuries worse.

jjohnny350

Adventurer
interesting info WUzombies, thanks. I have thought a lot about what seats id like in my van and this information is very helpful.
Thanks

philos

Explorer
If you're on a budget and can't/don't want to drop the coin on Sienna seats, Volvo seats are supremely comfy. No armrests that I know of, but they sure make long drives nice. Safety comes with the brand, and stays if'n the installation is clean.
I had a set in my FJ60; took some fabricating for the Toyota and its curvy floor. I assume it'd be much easier on a van.
I nearly got another set of Volvo seats for my van, but I happened upon a set of cloth Sienna seats on Craigslist for $100....

Sent via flux capacitor

Cobytefft

Having a hard time wrapping my head around this Sienna seat craze, is it really that much better than every other bucket seat with armrests especially when we are not talking about the recliner option.

I actually found brand-new leather sienna seats locally on craigslist, second row but they have the jumpseat so it would not work in the front on the driver side do to that huge base for the middle jump seat, which would have to be mounted over my shifter.

I appreciate all the comments, love as much info and opinions as possible its half the fun of any of these projects.

I still have not figured out by visual confirmation via Google what the seats at the beginning of the post actually are??

philos

Explorer
I liked my Volvo seats better...
No need to drink the Sienna Koolaid if you don't want to.

Sent via flux capacitor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles