Can you bypass computer RPM limiter

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
I have a 2014 WK2 with Quadra-Trac II and terrain select. Not long ago was wheelin thru muddy creek bed and on other side it had high shefl I got stuck on. Front wheels got up and over but rear could not get up and over.

To get out I tried to increase RPM's up to 1500 and jump out and over but rev limiter, computer or something would not let me rev that high no matter what gear I was in? I ultimately got out by manipulating terrain select and tranny gear but took some time.

Is there a way to bypass a rpm rev limiter or computer preventing me from going over their predetermined max?

Last edited:

jadmt

ignore button user
you needed to disable your traction control. I am not familar with WK2 systems but on a wrangler if you go to 4lo it disables automatically and in 4h you need to push a button.

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
you needed to disable your traction control. I am not familar with WK2 systems but on a wrangler if you go to 4lo it disables automatically and in 4h you need to push a button.

OK, just looked, doesn't have but if I turn on 4lo, traction control does disengege in sand or mud mode. I can get RPM's up doing this but was hoping to just dsengage in auto. Snow mode doesn't allow to disengege.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Auto mode is for the street. Lock it in 4wd in the dirt. That RPM limitation is to keep from grenading your transfer case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles