Can we get a separate "E-bike/Moped" forum?

MTVR

I am an avid motorcyclist, and I enjoy going to the "Adventure Motorcycle Chat" forum for motorcycle discussion.

I am also an avid cyclist, so I enjoy going to the "Expedition Bicycle" forum for bicycle discussion.

But it seems like the Expedition Bicycle forum is getting cluttered up with discussion about "e-bike" mopeds, a type of vehicle that many cyclists (myself included) have no interest in. There seems to be enough of that type of discussion to support it's own "E-bike/Moped" forum, to move the clutter off the Expedition Bicycle forum.

Can this be done?

Graton

Maybe I'm missing something, but I see 3 threads on e-bikes in the last 8 months, doesn't seem like a lot. Maybe I'm missing the non-e-bike threads that get cluttered up with comments from people about e-bikes. There is one thread that is 101 comments, but easy to skip over if not interested. It seems "expedition bicycles" is one of the quieter forums. Like you, I'm an avid motorcyclists and cyclist, and do not own an e-bike, but I have found other websites that are more active and useful for MC and cycling than this one.

1000arms

What would be a good name for it?
I suggest changing the current "Expedition Bicycles" (Bikepacking, Touring, Mountain Bikes, etc.) to "Expedition Bicycles - Human Powered" (Bikepacking, Touring, Mountain Bikes, etc.) and adding "Expedition Motorized Bicycles" (E-bikes, Mopeds, etc.).

Howard70

Adventurer
I think we ought to keep things simple:

1. Maintain "Expedition Bicycles".
2. Add the new "Expedition Ebikes/Mopeds"

Howard

MTVR

We don't need to change the current "Expedition Bicycles" name for this forum.

And adding the words "Human Powered" to the word "Bicycle" is redundant. Bicycles are by definition human-powered.

I think we ought to keep things simple:

1. Maintain "Expedition Bicycles".
2. Add the new "Expedition E-bikes/Mopeds"

Howard

Fair enough. I'll back you on that...

MTVR

Done - just let me know which threads to move over

This one, for starters.

And this one:

And this one:

And this one:

And this one: