Can I waterproof my RTT?

Randun

Does anyone out there own a RTT? If you do, have you ever waterproofed it?

I have heard that when you clean the tent, it starts to break down the waterproofing of the material, and because of this you can apply some waterproofing agents to your RTT.

I have been doing research online, and I came across a couple of products. Does anyone have any experience with 303 Fabric Guard or Atsko Silicone Water-Guard? If not, have you found a good product that worked well for you?

Thank you so much for your time and your help!

Jarred

I use the Atsko Water guard Extreme on my Tepui. It was one of the recommended water repellents listed on the Tepui site back in the day. Works great!.

Randun

I use the Atsko Water guard Extreme on my Tepui. It was one of the recommended water repellents listed on the Tepui site back in the day. Works great!.
I was reading the reviews on that product, and it seamed like it would do the job.

Thank you so much for your time and your help! I really appreciate it.

Randun

Thank you so much for the tip! This is exactly the review I was looking for.

Have a great week!

Chuck1

The backpacking crowd have been using Silicone with Turpintine on tents and packs for years.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
The backpacking crowd have been using Silicone with Turpintine on tents and packs for years.

Very Interesting, thx....would there be any fire danger issues using this potentially flammable mixture tho?

Chuck1

No the Turpintine evaporates, you can make it thin and let it dry then put on more layers if you want, people put it on shoes and other stuff like gloves, buy cheap leather gloves and paint it on, boom $40 water proof gloves, this is now being manufactured and its turned to big thing,

TOUGE

As mtnbike28 said Nikwax Solar Proof. Worked very well on mine as the Tepui I got waterproofing and seam sealing from factory was shockingly bad.

I used Gearaid Seam Grip WP on the seams and Nikwax Solar Proof every where else.

Randun

Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate it.

Randun

As mtnbike28 said Nikwax Solar Proof. Worked very well on mine as the Tepui I got waterproofing and seam sealing from factory was shockingly bad.

I used Gearaid Seam Grip WP on the seams and Nikwax Solar Proof every where else.
Thank you so much for your opinion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior