Can i use both positive terminals on a pair of parallel batteries ?

Bravo30

i have 2 x 125ah Lifepo4 batteries in parallel. as it stands now i have a 2/0 inverter cable and my Redarc DC/DC charger on one of the positive terminal and a 6awg cable for the DC fuse panel on the other. should all of my positive connections be on the same terminal ? im in the process of setting up my BMS and control panel and want to make sure everything is being read correctly...

thanks, Brad

It would be better if they were all on the same positive terminal. Also anything that connects to negative should go to the other battery. This will balance the current draw between batteries. Although your batteries maybe close and the cables between them short, they do have resistance. Even with low resistance and high current draw will cause an imbalance in the batteries if you don't have the same distance of current travel.

Bravo30

It would be better if they were all on the same positive terminal. Also anything that connects to negative should go to the other battery. This will balance the current draw between batteries. Although your batteries maybe close and the cables between them short, they do have resistance. Even with low resistance and high current draw will cause an imbalance in the batteries if you don't have the same distance of current travel.

ok, i just looked at my setup and i would need to move the 6 awg Fuse panel cable over to the other battery. the ground is already where it should be.

FlipperFla

i have 2 x 125ah Lifepo4 batteries in parallel. as it stands now i have a 2/0 inverter cable and my Redarc DC/DC charger on one of the positive terminal and a 6awg cable for the DC fuse panel on the other. should all of my positive connections be on the same terminal ? im in the process of setting up my BMS and control panel and want to make sure everything is being read correctly...

thanks, Brad
if the batteries are paralleled with 2/0 it will not matter if they are side by side

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles