Can I use 2 MaxTrax to drive up 9” (90 degree) vertical curb?

LosAngeles

Can I use 2 MaxTrax to drive up 9” (90 degree) vertical curb?

So I need to move my F350 (4x4) with camper on it, (total weight about 11,000 lbs) out of a driveway that is under construction, and there is a 9” lip blocking my way out. (see pics)

I own one pair Max Trax (so 2 MaxTrax)

Pardon my inexperience - can i simply use the MaxTrax as a bridge, and in 4x4 just drive up?

I know the MaxTrax will flex a lot… I could use my LynxLevelers *UNDER* the MaxTrax to have them flex less… is that a great or dumb idea?

I don’t think i have enough Lynx Levelers to make ramps, for 2 wheels, to go high enough….. (or maybe I do…) I have 3 packs of Lynx Levelers. I have 30 (thirty) Lynx Levelers, and each makes 1” lift.

Thanks for any tips and tricks. :)

Attachments

• 9-inch-height-90-degrees-IMG_E4733.jpg
    9-inch-height-90-degrees-IMG_E4733.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 110
  • looking-down-IMG_E4734.jpg
    looking-down-IMG_E4734.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 109
  • curb-wide-shot-IMG_E4735.jpg
    curb-wide-shot-IMG_E4735.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 97
You might be able to drive over that edge if you can take it at an angle so only one wheel at a time goes up over the ledge, and use two foot driving. That would be one foot held steady on accelerator pedal, one foot on brake pedal, hold Acc pedal steady at 1200 rpm and use your brake foot to modulate your speed. Go up at an angle, one wheel at a time. You’ll be surprised what you can drive over like this.

If you don’t get up, just stack some boards or rocks up to lessen the vertical.

Best of luck!

LosAngeles

(Insert Ford jokes here)

;-)

Thanks for the thoughts... so in other words - maybe I just go into 4x4 LO and slowly drive up and out ?

:)

thanks.

trae

Adventurer
Maybe my math is off but if each lynx gives you an inch and you have 30 isn’t that plenty to create a gentle ramp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LosAngeles

Maybe my math is off but if each lynx gives you an inch and you have 30 isn’t that plenty to create a gentle ramp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup you are correct Trae :)

but given how rough the dirt is there (and it is going onto a busy street, that is now one lane) i figured that throwing down MaxTrax would be faster to do, and faster to remove.....

but perhaps I am just being chicken..... or maybe i am being a dumb chicken....

maybe I put down 4 Lynx Levelers on each side - thus only about a 4" step up, twice. :cool:

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Is this 1 time only? It seems like you should be able to just drive over it. 1 wheel at a time might help, but you could scrape up a wheel or tire. Can you just shovel some of the loose dirt into piles? Piss of the construction guys, but it would work. Or get some scrap 4x4 lumber and throw it down.

CampStewart

Observer
Get a shovel or a rake and push that loose debris up against the curb and drive out. Not really sure if your are kidding about all of this but if you aren't you should not get very far from civilization.

Thinman

if there is a backhoe or loader in the area you could tip them to move some of that loose material and make a ramp

:rolleyes:

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
It was this guy's first big off road adventure. He did very well.
Didn't get a pic of the OKA because it did not stop.:LOL:
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
If you want to "bridge" this fibreglass decking material is ideal.
Various designs are available and it can be cut to any shape or size. Heavier than the plastic ones.
There is about 1.4T (over 3,000lbs) on that wheel.
P1090021cE.jpg
9" ???? Just put it in 4WD low and drive up.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Last edited:

dreadlocks

sweet thanks, I can get a 4ft square sheet of that off the craigslist for $50, my trailer is long enough it needs a couple bridges to take ditches, deep washouts, and whatnot without something bottoming out...

ad says it holds forklifts at 2ft spans, i could make a pair 4ft bridges outta it no problem for getting my tandem axle across headaches.. two 3500lb axles would be max 1750 per wheel, axles are spaced 32in apart.. thats way better and cheaper than anything else I was coming up with, plus the'd make nice tandem axle leveling blocks stacked up for +4in on one side.. cheers.

Last edited:

tanuki.himself

sweet thanks, I can get a 4ft square sheet of that off the craigslist for $50, my trailer is long enough it needs a couple bridges to take ditches, deep washouts, and whatnot without something bottoming out...

ad says it holds forklifts at 2ft spans, i could make a pair 4ft bridges outta it no problem for getting my tandem axle across headaches.. two 3500lb axles would be max 1750 per wheel, axles are spaced 32in apart.. thats way better and cheaper than anything else I was coming up with, plus the'd make nice tandem axle leveling blocks stacked up for +4in on one side.. cheers.

and on a couple of trestles they make great work benches/tables - i've been using mine as that all through my build....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles