Can I mount an Autohome Maggiolina to 1-5/16" tubing?

Myron

Hello.

I am putting together our overland trailer using an Outlander Sherpa II as a base. I bought the Outlander in 2008 from Robert, but only had it rigged for toting stuff, not mounting a tent on it. We towed it behind our 1964 Land Rover and slept in a tent on the ground. My wife and I are upping our game and want to sleep comfortably and will be towing the Sherpa behind a new Wrangler.

Now I have an idea to add some purposely fabricated roll bar-style load bars to the Sherpa in such a way that I can remove them when needed. I'd like to then mount an Autohome Maggiolina to the roll bar stock that is 1-5/16" in OD. The idea is to mount the tent at about fender height on the Sherpa and use the space under it for storage of stuff, possibly in a locker with drawers that I'd build and install.

I've never been up close to a Maggiolina and don't know anyone who's owned one. Could someone who owns one or is familiar with them let me know if it is possible to mount it to 1-5/16" round tubing?

Thanks!

Myron

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
Yes. We can supply the appropriate mounting hardware. Give us a call or e-mail us.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
1-5/16 seems like an odd size for tubing. Where are you sourcing that / why choose that size? Just curiosity really, I obviously have no skin in the game.

on edit: I realize you are probably thinking of using 1” pipe. You could probably do thinner and lighter if you wanted to, using true 1” tube, unless there is a fitting or construction advantage in using pipe.

Last edited:

Myron

Thanks for the replies, everyone. @Mike S, I will give you guys a call when I'm ready to order.

@NatersXJ6, I'm using 1-5/16" because my local Jeep custom guy has a pipe-bending shop (for custom roll cages and the like) and that's the smallest size he works with. He had some good ideas for attaching it to the Sherpa in a removable way and is easy to work with. I may be mixing up the terms tubing and pipe, as I'm no fabricator.

Short of this solution, I'd probably be looking at kludging up something myself using Thule stuff and god knows what else.

Thanks again,

Myron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94