Can anyone in Australia help me find this.

dra2120

So I got a great deal on a Coleman 10 person blackout tent through my father in-laws company, and from what I have been reading it is a decent tent. However the rain-fly on the American version is fairly pointless. Some searching though shows the same tent is sold in Australia with a much better rain-fly. So does anyone know how to get a hold of the Australian version or know the part # so I can try and get one imported. (I've sent emails to Coleman USA & Coleman AU, but haven't heard back from either.)

American version:
7181ZEhsVwL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Australian Version:
BCF_574511_hi-res.jpg

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic
Is that one of the instant tents? The top one looks very similar to my Coleman Instant tent (I'm in America) but I haven't pulled it out of the bag in a year or two.

dra2120

Is that one of the instant tents? The top one looks very similar to my Coleman Instant tent (I'm in America) but I haven't pulled it out of the bag in a year or two.
Yes, I'm not sure how long ago they were made though. They are still shown for sale here in the U.S., but the Australian site doesn't show them anymore, and only shows the "coming soon" replacement for it.

86scotty

Cynic
Wow, when I first glanced at this thread and responded I thought you were showing two essentially different tents. Now I see what you mean. The Australian rain fly IS far superior. If I remember correctly mine did not even come with a rain fly. I didn't even know one was available, if indeed it is separately.

Coleman quality isn't what it used to be. I hate to say it but you're probably dealing with a faceless company importing junk from China these days and finding that may be an exercise in futility. Posting here is likely still your best bet. Have you tried some of the bigger outdoor retailers based in AUS that might know something? I'm thinking Australia's version of Backcountry or REI or the like.

Oh, and even though I just knocked Coleman for selling out, I do still have and love a lot of their equipment both old and new.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
The freight from Australia might be a bit steep but I can ask some of the guys on another forum.

Try contacting this mob they might be able to help, if not let me know,

Last edited:

dra2120

The freight from Australia might be a bit steep but I can ask some of the guys on another forum.

Try contacting this mob they might be able to help, if not let me know,

Thanks for the help. I've contacted Coleman USA, Coleman AUS, TentWorld, and BCF. What I've found out so far is that in Australia, the tent was "exclusively made" for BCF, and that they are the only place that the replacement fly can be ordered from. However, they are also the only ones I haven't heard back from yet...Maybe you could ask the guys on the other forum if one of them could pop into a BCF, and ask someone in the store if that fly can be ordered? Thanks.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Thanks for the help. I've contacted Coleman USA, Coleman AUS, TentWorld, and BCF. What I've found out so far is that in Australia, the tent was "exclusively made" for BCF, and that they are the only place that the replacement fly can be ordered from. However, they are also the only ones I haven't heard back from yet...Maybe you could ask the guys on the other forum if one of them could pop into a BCF, and ask someone in the store if that fly can be ordered? Thanks.
Ok it might take a few hours because my mates are all asleep over there but I will ask. and get back to you.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
You might Take a look at the 10P that is in that link I posted because they say it is for the Gold series not the blackout model ??

But looking at the one on that site it looks pretty dark inside so it might work with the tent you've got ??

dra2120

You might Take a look at the 10P that is in that link I posted because they say it is for the Gold series not the blackout model ??

But looking at the one on that site it looks pretty dark inside so it might work with the tent you've got ??

I've looked, and the layout is very different...Here in the US there is no silver or gold series, just a generic series, which is what my tent falls into. The pictures in the first post show which one I have. I wish I had the gold series, they are built a lot better, and have a lot more features. However, for the price I paid for my tent I can't complain.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Here ya go mate, Try this link but remember the price is in Australian Dollars which will be a lot less when converted to USD,

Hope that helps,

Here's Tent Worlds price,

Last edited:

hg1027

Might be worth modifying the fly you have. Ripstop on ebay looks like $7 a yard. If you don't have a sewing machine, maybe you could get a tailer/alterations shop/sail shop to help you out? Some amount of iron on hem tape, iron on velcro, and then drop off to get sewn over.

dra2120

Might be worth modifying the fly you have. Ripstop on ebay looks like $7 a yard. If you don't have a sewing machine, maybe you could get a tailer/alterations shop/sail shop to help you out? Some amount of iron on hem tape, iron on velcro, and then drop off to get sewn over.
I hadn't thought of making my own, but that's not a bad idea. I'll have to look into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles