Can anyone help me with EPC please

Neil

Observer
If anyone currently has access to the EPC. Could you possibly help me out with a part number.

On the rear of me brake drums is a small rectangular window you can look in to see how much meat is left on the shoes.

To prevent the dust getting into the drums the window is sealed with a rubber bung . It's a rectangular shape that clips into the hole .

They are the same in both the front and rear drums. I would suspect that this rubber bung would be common to lots of trucks of this era

If possible I need the MB part number for these dust covers.

Its a 1988 1017a.

Chassis no
WDB38011315418690

Many thanks in advance

Neil

Neil

Observer
That's the part. Thank you very much. Just need to locate them now.

Three of mine have become very perished and one is now missing to worth checking if you have an older vehicle.

Many thanks

Neil

Neil

Observer
These are all available on the the EPC, Electronic parts catalogue, which you can subscribe to mercedes and have access on your PC.

Nril

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
I'd love to be able to access diagrams like that for our truck (a 1986 1017a). What's the source? Thanks!
Check Ebay, you can get it cheap as a download. Kind of strange how it works, but it does work. Here is an example, there are others.

ekibike

Neil

Observer
Hi Pairoa.

We are currently on a short break back in the UK. We return to our truck , which is in Lima on the 20th August. Then slowly north towards Ecuador and Columbia. We are very slow but that's OK.
It was great to see that your truck is outside the workshop.

Best wishes

Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94