campsite pics..lets see um

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
My view at 5:30am on Sunday.
060814podA.jpg

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Okay, I'm pretty sure most wouldn't consider setting up a tent in my mother's back yard "camping" in the strictest sense, but here goes. And before anybody starts demanding I turn in my "Man card", allow me to explain the situation. I'm home on leave for my sisters wedding and for the next few weeks, I'm the only male in the household. Even the pets are all female. So I'm not so much going camping as I'm in "estrogen tidal wave survival mode". The tent is more of a shelter from the crashing wave after wave of female hormones, not only from my mother and sisters, but from their friends coming over to help celebrate my sister's wedding. So yes, I definitely consider this survival.

Anyways, I'm using a 5 man Turbotent I bought used with a wal-mart quick cot and military surplus sleeping bag system. So far, its survived a moderate rain and wind without any trouble.

IMG_0516.jpg
IMG_0518.jpg

My mom's dog certainly likes my tent. I have a feeling I'll have company while I'm out there.

IMG_0519.jpg

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Be safe man! Good luck with all that estrogen floating around.

Be the hero and go buy a 5 gallon bucket of Ice Cream, a box of Midol and a bottle or two of wine, and maybe a bottle or 3 of good Bourbon for you and the cot, and all should be safe in that back yard. I'd keep a few Kotex handy just incase :)

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Be safe man! Good luck with all that estrogen floating around.

Be the hero and go buy a 5 gallon bucket of Ice Cream, a box of Midol and a bottle or two of wine, and maybe a bottle or 3 of good Bourbon for you and the cot, and all should be safe in that back yard. I'd keep a few Kotex handy just incase :)

No worries about booze and ice cream. My mom keeps a wine and beer fridge stocked for such times. And I don't drink, so I'm safe. I'm currently writing this from my cot so at least I can have privacy.

the kid

Juke Box Hero

the kid

Juke Box Hero
this is just a direct copy and past of the same post from the other campsite pics thread here... just so no one misses out :REOutCampFire03::camping:

IMG_20140518_081843659 by isaacyocum, on Flickr
IMG_20140517_203813574 by isaacyocum, on Flickr
IMG_20140516_203841453 by isaacyocum, on Flickr
IMG_20140516_195841205 by isaacyocum, on Flickr
IMG_20140516_195826520 by isaacyocum, on Flickr
dinner by isaacyocum, on Flickr
IMG_8052 by isaacyocum, on Flickr
IMG_7960 by isaacyocum, on Flickr
IMG_7997 by isaacyocum, on Flickr
IMG_7963 by isaacyocum, on Flickr
IMG_7958 by isaacyocum, on Flickr

Forum statistics