campsite pics..lets see um

WOW! Great pics! Is that Lake Powell?

I have been there a couple times. Brings back some great memories (and one not so great storm). :sombrero:

1098219495_v2fTX-L.jpg

03-15-10-114-L.jpg

813615490_2hbs3-L-1.jpg

Alstrom-Point-2011-L4-5-L.jpg

Alstrom-Point-2011-21-L.jpg

Alstrom-Point-2011-L4-11-L.jpg

Alstrom-Point-2011-17-L.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Thanks.

Yep, the 1st and 3rd images I was camped about 2 miles WSW from Alstrom Point on a bluff overlooking Waweap Marina in the distance. The rest were taken at Alstrom point.

That's my crazy son's tent on the edge at Alstrom Point. :Wow1:

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Hi Guys! Thanks for the welcomes! I havent been posting much anywhere lately, mostly because we have been on vacations going every which way! Heading to the Rubicon next month.

Here is a pic of previous Rubicon camp--

Good Rubicon camp pic. NW group will down in August. Can't wait.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Awesome photographs. Can't wait to return.

Thanks. I agree. I will go back there again for sure. Just don't try to go in the early Spring when the roads are still wet from the winter rains. I did that on my first trip in March and that easy road in during the summer turns into pure muddy slime hell.

amaesing

Campsite at Sequoia National park along Kern River.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340268939044.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340268939044.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 21

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
And if your coming in from the South or West, there is a BLM office across the road and down a mile or so from the little town of Big Water where you enter the back country North of Lake Powell.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Thanks for kudos. I didn't mean to throw so many past campsite photos in this thread. I just got a little carried away with fond memories of the Alstrom Point area. :elkgrin:

If you want to see more I have two threads that cover my first Kimberley Kamper here: Brad's Kamper thread And my current Karavan here: Brad's Karavan Thread

Now on to all the other great campsites out there. :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles